Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

syinx

LS Edge, LS3

My LS3 steel seems to be stuck in the holders of my LS Edge holders on my VH skates - on both skates. Can't pull it out even with the tool. Any help?

Opposite issue, steel comes out without a problem. Going back in is the issue. I can't get them "click" back in. They seem set, but the trigger doesn't look fully reset and no click.

Any tips? Skates are only a few months old and the steel is brand new LS2.

I am also having a similar issue. Bought LS2 steel. Can't get them into the holder.

When comparing it to the Fusion Runners that were already in the skates, it seems that the LS2 is a little more curved up in the front. When I lay the Fusion Runner on top of the LS2, the LS2 is slightly longer with extra steel on the front top. I think this is preventing the front hook from getting completely into position. This in turn is preventing the back hook from locking into place.

On another note, when I go to put the original Fusion Runners back in the holder, I hear the click, but do not see the half circle on the trigger. Is this OK?

From my experience, the holder can shrink from the cold. Just getting off of the ice, the steel is held much more snuggly by the holder. When the skates are brought back to room temp, installation and removal of the steel becomes much easier.

Also check that the holder is not bent, blades can stick when there is torque pressure on them. Very common when a different holder other than OEM is riveted on skates not designed for that holder as well.

So I am still having the problem with the LS2 runners.

It seems like they are slightly thicker than the Fusion Runners.

All previous attempts were done at room temperature with my equipment not been used for at least a day.

The Fusion Runners slide in and out no problem. The LS2 Runners scrape some plastic off the inside of the holder, which is what leads me to believe they are too thick. I don't think the runners are cold and "snug" because I am not having this problem with the Fusion Runners.

Anyone have any thoughts? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

FYI I have the MX3 skates, original holders. Only 4 months old.

Skate runner widths vary from one set to the next. Your fusions could be 2.95mm and your LS's 3.0. It not uncommon. However, once you put your LSs in and out a few times, the channel will widen and they'll fit in easier.

Jimmy, Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

I was wondering if you have any other thoughts about this. If I were to put in the LS's for a while and the channel of the holders widen, will there be a problem if I were to return to the Fusions?

Also, when I do put in the LS's, as JR Boucicaut recommended, I would bang them in with a rubber mallet. They seem to be "locked" in but I don't see the half circle on the triggers that Bauer says identify that the runners are locked in place. Would they still be safe to use?

sveyland1, you wont have any issues. I have a lot of customers who rotate fusions with Ls2's and haven't heard of a problem yet. When you put in the LS2s do you hear a click? I don't use a mallet, I just put weight on them while on a carpeted surface and can hear the click.

Thanks Jimmy, that is good to hear.

Unfortunately I cannot hear the click but I am unable to pull the Runners out with my hands after I hammer them in. If I try to push the Runner in with my hands then they definitely don't get in far enough and I can pull it out again just with my hands without holding the trigger. When I hammer them in, then I need to use the trigger to release it.

Coincidentally, I also had ordered a pair of LS3's coated by BlackEdge to try out also. They just arrived. On one skate I am able to get the Runner in with just my hands and I hear a click but don't see the half circle. On the other skate I am not able to get the Runner to click and lock in.

I hear a click in my holders, but barely see the half-circle. They feel secure and I've never thought much about them since. 3 ice times/week.