Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tamtamg

Sparx Skate Sharpener - At home sharpener

On 11/20/2023 at 8:24 PM, shoeshine boy said:

my Beam arrived today. loving it!

I really want one of these, but hard to justify. I'm only sharpening my skates, and every time I check with my HDI, it says the edges are perfect. I can see this being a great device if you have a family or your machine is in a pro shop setting. 

I recently played around with the new Gen 3 app. Pretty amazing stuff they've done there if you're someone that really puts the machine through it's paces. 

On 11/15/2023 at 2:15 PM, VegasHockey said:

This is the best finishing stone money can buy: https://amzn.to/3G0W0d1 

This is a great stone for removing damage to the blade, and then doing a final pass: https://amzn.to/3SE36fb

Both of those stones will not damage coated steel, assuming you use the ceramic side. The diamond side is going for removing significant damage on steel. 

They make a slightly smaller version of the white and red ruby whetstone that ships with Prime One-Day. The version you linked says I can't have it for 2 months!

Edited by pgeorgan

On 12/29/2023 at 9:25 AM, pgeorgan said:

They make a slightly smaller version of the white and red ruby whetstone that ships with Prime One-Day. The version you linked says I can't have it for 2 months!

Smaller one would be fine too.