Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRUINS_FAN_74

Nexus 8000 skates, too much on the heels?

I've been in a pair of CCM RBZ for a while now, which are too narrow (E) on my right foot, but still really like them overall. I'm not a big fan of bauer, but picked up a pair of Nexus 8000 and finally tried them out on ice. Instantly I felt way lower towards the ice and my balance was way off, felt like I was on my heels. Is this normal for Nexus? To put you more on your heels? I'm going to move these on and grab the CCM Jetspeed when they come out.

Stock Tuuk holders and steel are setup with a negative pitch so moving to them from most other holder setups will feel that way. A quick profile job or heel lift should resolve you issues.

I'm in Nexus 6000's and recently got 4mm heel lifts installed (as well as LS3 steel,) felt exponentially better with them from the first moment on ice onward

i had to get my bauer nexus 6000s reprofiled, always felt like i was about to fall backwards. instantly helped.

i had to get my bauer nexus 6000s reprofiled, always felt like i was about to fall backwards. instantly helped.

My son is about to go from Jr RBZ 80's (with Speed Blade 4.0 holders) to Jr Nexus 6000's (with Tuuk LightSpeed Edge holders) due to width and volume issues.

I was never really sure how the stock RBZ's were profiled from the factory, as in neutral or slightly positive, but I was told that the Nexus was more toward negative. After my older son tried Makos, and we both saw the benefits of a forward pitch, I am convinced this would also benefit my younger son.

So, what is the stock Jr RBZ 80 profile from the factory? What is the Jr Nexus 6000 profile from the factory? If I know those two pieces of info, I can then decide whether to pitch the Nexus to the RBZ so my son will have the same "feel", or even perhaps go +1 to that RBZ pitch to have him slightly more forward in a small step.

Thanks.

I'm going to try and sell my NEXUS 8000. The holders were changed with the previous Tuuk and had profiled step steel put on them. I just prefer CCM and will wait for JETSPEED

My son is about to go from Jr RBZ 80's (with Speed Blade 4.0 holders) to Jr Nexus 6000's (with Tuuk LightSpeed Edge holders) due to width and volume issues.

I was never really sure how the stock RBZ's were profiled from the factory, as in neutral or slightly positive, but I was told that the Nexus was more toward negative. After my older son tried Makos, and we both saw the benefits of a forward pitch, I am convinced this would also benefit my younger son.

So, what is the stock Jr RBZ 80 profile from the factory? What is the Jr Nexus 6000 profile from the factory? If I know those two pieces of info, I can then decide whether to pitch the Nexus to the RBZ so my son will have the same "feel", or even perhaps go +1 to that RBZ pitch to have him slightly more forward in a small step.

Thanks.

although im not a junior i went to a nexus 6000 for volume and width, and although its still not enough and i get pain its as good as it will get without going custom. I dont know the difference between RBZ and the nexus but i know coming from my easton EQ skates the pitch seemed more forward and i skated much better. the nexus skates needed to be reprofiled for me bc although they were always bad, after a sharpening or two i was really leaning back and falling backwards.

Have him try the makos, or just get a profiled runner made with a forward pitch and see whats up.

My RBZ have step steel which was profiled with a neutral pitch and a combo radius, same with the step on my nexus... but I don't feel,like I'm on my heels in the RBZ, but the RBZ holders are obviously different. I feel too low towards the ice in the NEXUS, even with the step, compared to the RBZ.

I tried the NEXUS as I need the width and volume as well, but when I'm back home in the US again for a holiday, I'll try to find someone who can put in a custom CCM order for me.