Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zale

Need some serious skate help!

Im a big guy, 6'3 250lbs, I was formerly skating on Graf 502 SE with TBlades. I recently changed to a Bauer One.6 LE and put the same TBlades on them.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED my Grafs. They felt great, gave me freedom in my range of motion, and above all else, felt soft In the ankles.

These new Bauers (apprpx 15 wears with a bake) are KILLING me and my game. I feel super unstable, can barely feel the ice, and worse of all, the top of the boot cuts into the side of my leg (not the front) whenever I try to cut hard which usually makes me lose my edge.

Im very unhappy and upset with the Bauers, my performance, and really wish I had my Grafs back.

Im looking for recommendations on skates that are similar to the 502s and arent so frickin' stiff!! Does Graf still make 'em like the 502s?

Thanks.

Not many soft boots like your old grafs anymore. Other than the skate digging into your ankle, how is the fit? Are you lacing all the way to top? Try not lacing up first eyelets. What you are experiencing is pretty common for those coming from soft boots. Most ex-graf owners have similar issues as you.

I've always used Bauer skates and love them to death. in your situation you hate them, so I'm going to reccomend to you exactly what my brother uses (for the exact same reason as you) Easton Stealth, he loves them to death, they're comfy (not as good as my apx2 ((in my opinion))) and he loves them to death. he refuses to use any other skate. I reccomend you take a serious look at them.