Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Boston Bruins 2015-2016

Disappointing effort to close the season once again. Great games against CHI, STL & DET but lackluster efforts against the dregs like CAR & OTT. Someone will need to answer for this. Right or wrong that person will be Claude Julien. CJ is a good coach who'll be out of work for about 15 minutes. That's not to say he's the right guy for this team. He clearly isn't the guy for Neeley and Sweeney. Guy Boucher, Kevin Deenin & Marc Crawford would be my first calls.

The team also needs to overhaul its leadership group. Something stinks in that room and it ain't just the coach.

Bergeron should be the Captain.

Chara and Seidenberg are not what they once were.

There are no easy solutions for the Bruins.  

I think they held onto Lucic too long and are making the same mistake with Chara and Seidenberg.

I think it's time to blow it up.

Hayes should not play another game for Boston.

Curious that as of yesterday there was only media availability guaranteed for the players and no availability announced for management or coaching staff.

I disagree that they held onto Lucic too long. They received a nice package in return for him and they moved him once they felt he wasn't going to recapture his past production here in Boston.

Odds are that Seidenberg will be moved on. They might find a buyer in a stretching for the floor team but there is the NTC to worry about. Hayes just always seemed to be going the wrong way. I don't know if he didn't get the system or he just wilted under the hometown spotlight but that experiment didn't work. Connolly won't be offered a contract and it will be curious to see if they opt to bring Kelly back on a 1 or 2 year pay cut deal. There are lots of young defensemen in their pipeline so at the very least there will be plenty of watercooler topics when the first day of camp rolls around.

I wonder if Subban finally gets a chance next fall to grab the backup roll. Gustavsson was definitely not the answer.