Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rogurt

Wheels clearance - what about aging?

Hi there

I am a newbie to inline hockey and I try to get the right wheel for me (165 lbs) to play on very slick sports court (linoleum - something like this http://img.archiexpo.com/pdf/repository_ae/11149/lumaflex-linosport-179013_1b.jpg).

I did find some good deals at hockey stores of the labeda gippers x-soft. But looking at the product pictures I ask myself if those are from an up to date batch (design on labeda website looks different).

Is it safe to buy from a 2 year old batch? And can one identify the age via the design?

Cheers,

Rogurt

The newest artwork on the Gripper is this (this is the soft version):

g0eXJKY.jpg

The website is currently being upgraded, and should go live around the time of NARCh finals. As far as wheels from a two year old batch, they would be fine, in that time period they may gain half a point of hardness, something that wouldn't be very noticeable. Also, the Gripper is a fantastic wheel for the money, they were actually the top wheel in our line at one point in time.

I see. So designs are usually kept for around 2 years?

Might be a good idea to gather the designs over the years from the major companys in a thread.