Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AmeriCanadian

Bauer supreme or ccm cl?

So I'm currently in a pair of bauer supreme 180's nice skate but I was originally in ccm crazylights. Both skates fit my foot just fine except I had to send the cl's back on their warranty because the laces of the skate literally cut the tongue in half. So my question is do you think it'd be worth it to give the ccm's another try with a different tongue not made of the u foam or should I just stick them up on ebay? Help is very much appreciated!

I think you should just try the CL's as is... I've never heard of that tongue issue, and it's unlikely to happen again.

Between the two skates, you just have to go with your preference. I hate Bauer skates, so I'll tell you CCM...but at the end of the day, it's your feet.

I have a similar issue with CCM U+12s. I play with my shinguards on the inside of my tongues. When I skate and flex forward, some poorly designed vents in the tongue rub against the very top of the boot and eyelets. The placement of that vent makes what would be a small tear in the tongue into a much longer one, which then gets longer as it flexes and catches more. One tongue was ripped close to halfway across the tongue before I thought to sew it. It's not a had fix, but it's a little annoying to know that it happens because what seems like primarily a visual design.

These have been my favorite skates ever, but they have this tongue issue, the blades on EPros always come loose until you hit it with locktite, and they just hemorrhaged the original eyelets. Not huge problems, but irksome quality issue.

Thanks guys I don't really think I can deal with those tongues but I think now that I may give them another try. I feel a big difference between the two is the radius I first started out on reeboks before I ever got sight of bauer when I was young so I was always accustomed to the 10ft radius and I just can't skate right with the 9ft. So I guess my final question is do you feel it'd be better to just have the blades profiled to a 10 before putting more into the cl's?

I think you should just try the CL's as is... I've never heard of that tongue issue, and it's unlikely to happen again.

Between the two skates, you just have to go with your preference. I hate Bauer skates, so I'll tell you CCM...but at the end of the day, it's your feet.

I have a similar issue with CCM U+12s. I play with my shinguards on the inside of my tongues. When I skate and flex forward, some poorly designed vents in the tongue rub against the very top of the boot and eyelets. The placement of that vent makes what would be a small tear in the tongue into a much longer one, which then gets longer as it flexes and catches more. One tongue was ripped close to halfway across the tongue before I thought to sew it. It's not a had fix, but it's a little annoying to know that it happens because what seems like primarily a visual design.

These have been my favorite skates ever, but they have this tongue issue, the blades on EPros always come loose until you hit it with locktite, and they just hemorrhaged the original eyelets. Not huge problems, but irksome quality issue.

If the issue is just the vents on the tongues tearing easily, it could be cheaper to just sew a some leather over the top of the vents and stitch back and forth zig zag across it to reinforce it rather than buy a whole new pair of tongues. If the boot overall fits well, I'd do that. If the 180 fits better, just sell the CLs on ebay before making the modification.