Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BRUINS_FAN_74

Bauer Speed Plate

Looking for some feedback from those who've been using the new Bauer Speed Plate insole. Mainly those who have high arches. Are they really stiff in the arch area (which I'm hoping for) and do they over all have a thin profile? Good heal support?

I'm looking at using them in my TACKS. I use the high arch support CCM insoles, but the arch area still isn't as stiff as I would like.

I know at the moment they are only available with the new 1x skate (which I'm also interested in) and heard they won't be available for purchase on their own until next year.... hopefully I can find someone who's looking to part with ones that came with their 1X skates, as I'm sure not everyone is interested in using them.

Word on the street was Bauer was having compatibility issues with them in non Bauer skates. I'd wait and see what happens before you drop any cash on them.

Edited by kovalchuk71
  • Like 1

Yes they are very stiff in the arch area and are thinner than superfeet. They will mold exactly to your foot. After the harden up they are a hard plastic.

• Like 1

What Sbecks said. As they postponed retail sales of them till next year due to some reason, I'd wait and not spend the money unless you get an awesome deal from a 1X user that doesn't want them.

• Like 1

As posted above, they won't release outside of the 1X until next year because of compatibility with other model skates. Pre-mold, they are higher and target the middle of your foot and fit that area more than the apex of the arch which is located just after your heel, whereas Superfeet fit the rear section of your foot more. Pick up a pair when trying them on and compare for yourself!

I have a pair that I'll try molding with my RBZs.

I haven't heard of any compatibility issues, so I suppose the only way for me to know is to try it!

I've personally seen two different compatibility issues with the SpeedPlates, one on my 50K's and another on a friend's JetSpeeds. There's a little ripple/wrinkle thing that forms near the center of the SpeedPlate. My guess is the concave shape of the midsole in another brand's skates affects the SpeedPlate's ability to properly mold.

• Like 1

I've personally seen two different compatibility issues with the SpeedPlates, one on my 50K's and another on a friend's JetSpeeds. There's a little ripple/wrinkle thing that forms near the center of the SpeedPlate. My guess is the concave shape of the midsole in another brand's skates affects the SpeedPlate's ability to properly mold.

Thanks for the info! Just a question in regards to 1X. Do they run a bit wider than the APX2? More so in the forefoot area? Normally a CCM guy,so not sure if I should hold off for Jetspeed or give the 1X a try. Edited by BRUINS_FAN_74

Thanks for the info! Just a question in regards to 1X. Do they run a bit wider than the APX2? More so in the forefoot area? Normally a CCM guy,so not sure if I should hold off for Jetspeed or give the 1X a try.

The fit is same as apx2

Aren't most people reporting a wider and deeper fit than the APX2?

Some people are and I don't know why. I've been using the 1x since they were released and the APX2s since there release before them and I can say the boot fits the same to me. The only thing I can think of is the 1x tongue is slightly thinner maybe that's why people think it has more volume but the boot has the same fit. my speed plates even fit the same in the apx2 and 1x and have the same feel. I'm not sure if the people that think the fit is different from the APX2 actually used both skates or just tried them on in the store I'm not sure what that's about.

• Like 1

Finally tried on two pairs of the 1X tonight (8.5EE and 9D) both felt great in fit in length and width, and felt awesome in the ankle and heel area, but regretfully the instep was too shallow. A shame as I would of picked up a pair for sure. The speedplate felt awesome even unbaked!

Some people are and I don't know why. I've been using the 1x since they were released and the APX2s since there release before them and I can say the boot fits the same to me. The only thing I can think of is the 1x tongue is slightly thinner maybe that's why people think it has more volume but the boot has the same fit. my speed plates even fit the same in the apx2 and 1x and have the same feel. I'm not sure if the people that think the fit is different from the APX2 actually used both skates or just tried them on in the store I'm not sure what that's about.

Hi I see that you got 1x for a while now, can you make a small review about these plates, the quality construction of the skates and how do you feel in them please ? Thanks !

I'm still going to buy a pair of Speed plates insoles when they become available for purchase

Try with inserts I'm sure they will fit perfectly. I had the same feeling as you and I try them with inserts and it's awesome.

I guess I'll have to wait until 2016 then. My cousin in size 4.5 skates is having major trouble with his arch, and Superfeet just don't cut it. Was hoping I'd be able to find a pair of Speed Plates in his size for him No luck.

Seriously. I get that not a lot of hockey players know about non-hockey custom insoles but with other sports like cycling, skiing, hiking, etc in which foot comfort and stability are an issue, there are a decent amount of options. Just google.

• Like 1

There are lots of other full custom insoles out there.

Seriously. I get that not a lot of hockey players know about non-hockey custom insoles but with other sports like cycling, skiing, hiking, etc in which foot comfort and stability are an issue, there are a decent amount of options. Just google.

We've actually tried a lot of things - Superfeet Yellows, Black, SIDAS/Graf Conformable, SOLE Thin Sport, and Shock Doctors. Barring going the full orthotic path, the Superfeet had the best stiffness in the arch, but the SIDAS had the best fit. We're hoping the Speed Plate will be the best of both worlds.

We've actually tried a lot of things - Superfeet Yellows, Black, SIDAS/Graf Conformable, SOLE Thin Sport, and Shock Doctors. Barring going the full orthotic path, the Superfeet had the best stiffness in the arch, but the SIDAS had the best fit. We're hoping the Speed Plate will be the best of both worlds.

How bout custom Superfeet? You'd get the stiffness of Superfeet and the fit of Sidas.