Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

True XCore - Vulcan7905

I'd like to send a Big Thank You to JR, Mod Squad Hockey and True Temper for letting me review this stick.

Product Testing; True Temper Xcore 9
Lie: 5
Flex: 75
Grip: Yes

Face: Slightly Open
Toe: Round

Curve: MC - Mid Curve. These are the similar curves from different brands

Bauer - Kane

CCM - Hossa

Reebok - Hedman

Warrior - Zetterberg

20150610_164448_zpspjmozlox.jpg

About Me
380 - 390 Lbs
5' 11"
31 Year Old
Have been playing for four years
I currently play in a over 30 C league as offense and also play Rec league as defense and D and D+ league as Offense.
Position : Wing and Defense

Sticks I have used
True Temper 4.5 (Current)
Sherwood EK19 (Current)
Miken MV-Radial (backup)

Opening
As I was waiting patiently, FedEx guy came knocking at the door. As I opened the door, he said delivery and I knew what it was. Sign the sheet and he says "So, did you even order anything?" Great start to hear from somebody who doesn't even know it's a stick.

Look

I loved the way my 4.5 looked. Not flashy at all with subtle hints of blue but I think I actually preferred my 4.5 as it was all black and blue. The Xcore has a grey handle and the TRUE logo really sticks out, but hey, I'm just nitpicking the graphics. You like what you like.

20150610_164112_zpsbydmzdng.jpg

20150610_164131_zpsuzunyk1t.jpg

20150610_164139_zpsdogrxcrv.jpg

20150610_164259_zpshntqcech.jpg

20150610_164326_zpsegd86bhy.jpg

20150610_164426_zpszlcg23xq.jpg

Feel

Just by playing around with it uncut and untaped, it felt lighter then my 4.5. I don't know how much as I don't have a scale (Sorry). I will be testing it thoroughly this Friday and Saturday. So stay tuned for my info!

Finally got around to playing with the stick! Hour and a half worth! I noticed a few things. The stick is lighter then my 4.5. Not sure by how much, but I can feel the difference. The wrist shots come off them so fast and heavy, I was shocked at first. My slap shots had a little to be desired but thats because I have poor form, when I did have good form they also just rocketed off the stick. Puck handling is great as I can feel where the puck is when ever I move and since I barely played D, I didnt get to use the poke check as much as I liked too. Was still great at it but cant really say to much on poke checks and stick lifts. I will say this, every single pass so far has been spot on somebodies tape. I LOVE passing with this stick. Saucer pass? Right on the other persons stick tape. Regular pass? Same thing. I was never a great passer, but this stick has helped.

Reused the stick at Summer Jam, I noticed it was not my usual height. Cut it another inch and now, Im in love with the stick actually. That one inch truly made a difference. I can receive passes better and now stick handle a lot better. Wrist shots are now also flying right off of the stick at a great speed and also great accuracy. I loved my 4.5 but now, Im falling in love with the Xcore. When I receive a pass, i can receive it nicely with out any ping or anything. I will say, One pick up I was at, I went into the boards pretty bad with the stick, saw it bend A LOT and thought to my self, oh boy, this is it. Stick bent and didn't even break and boy was I amazed. If that was my 4.5, I think it would have snapped right in half.

So, after a good time with the stick, I feel I can truly put this review up as I have switched between this and the Stx Stallion back and forth. This stick honestly fires bombs. I can pick a spot on the net and hit it 9/10 times. The feel of this stick is just great. I can puck handle because I can feel the puck so nicely and I have some stone hands! I do believe it might be a little bit heavier than my Stallion but thats ok because this is my main stick. Poke checking is great and I have had a few slashes that would normally chip or break a stick and this stick has held up to the test. Puck deflections off of it were no problems. I can take a pass with ease as well and can pass spot on. My only grip is the weight but Like I said, I dont really mind since this is my main stick.