Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ktang

Hasek-style Goalie Helmet

Just to add to this, I saw on GSBB that someone weighed his full Kevlar and Fiberglass Protechsports and they were less than 0.8 lbs different IIRC, something closer to like 0.3 lbs different. In reality, this isn't much of a difference.

Thanks, Titan: good info to have. I know that difference varies a bit based on which shell you have, and how big it is, but 0.3lbs is a lot less than Michel's listed 0.8lbs difference; perhaps he meant, 0.8lbs difference at most. Yet another reason to go for the full fibreglass!

I was able to find a used Protechsport on GGSU last night. It's a Garon shell, unnecessary hybrid mix :tongue:. While it know it might not fit perfectly, or certainly as well as if Michel fit it to my face mold, it will be more protective than my Phantom. Even if it's not exactly right, it will fit better as well since my NXi is too wide, and I have to really shim it with foam. Based on measurements we took and compared, this shell is an inch more narrow than the NXi, so it's definitely an improvement. Unfortunately, I don't have 6 months to wait for a custom fit one from Michel. So this will have to do for now.