Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

Actually it was interesting. He started the game with his standard QR1, and then switched to the Easton Stealth midway through.

Per tonight's broadcast he went back to Easton (Stealth CX) because his Warriors kept snapping.

Per tonight's broadcast he went back to Easton (Stealth CX) because his Warriors kept snapping.

I bet warrior is gonna looooove that, since warrior is proud of having him as a pro

1 hour ago, decoy said:6 minutes ago, OptimusReim said:What are we looking at? Toews' skates: Nexus V-Cut mmephi.jpg  Interesting that he's in LS Edge.  Supposedly CHI's EQM wasn't a fan of them.

2 hours ago, the iceman said:Matt Duchene's limited edition skates for the outdoor game. After the game, they will be auctioned off for charity. cut.jpgPer a Periscope broadcast this afternoon, the auction is up to $2500 so far.  

This 2nd iteration of the Nexus-dressed tech-mesh Vapor is mind boggling in that, it takes the already confounded design and makes it look a lot like the original Supreme 5000's. Is that triangulation? Anyway, it's strange to see Bauer abandon the still popular X60-style Vapor at retail and bury their by-special-order output under the guise of a line that doesn't come close to offering the same attributes. It makes business sense, and I guess it could be that it also makes conceptual sense if Nexus is the line where Bauer skate zombies go to live on, but it is a bit, I don't know, sad or something.

7 hours ago, flip12 said:

This 2nd iteration of the Nexus-dressed tech-mesh Vapor is mind boggling in that, it takes the already confounded design and makes it look a lot like the original Supreme 5000's. Is that triangulation? Anyway, it's strange to see Bauer abandon the still popular X60-style Vapor at retail and bury their by-special-order output under the guise of a line that doesn't come close to offering the same attributes. It makes business sense, and I guess it could be that it also makes conceptual sense if Nexus is the line where Bauer skate zombies go to live on, but it is a bit, I don't know, sad or something.

It all comes down to marketing. Gets players into vapor dressed nexus boots who otherwise wouldn't be in nexus if they still made a tech mesh vapor. That way all three brands have a showing in the NHL.

5 minutes ago, UCMnumber8 said:

Ovechkin using a True stick in practiceBxx6DVl.png

Really interesting find here. Ovi, other than Stamkos, is really the face of that Supreme line. I know he was pretty unhappy with the MX3 but he has been fine with the 1S this season. Not to mention the shaft dimensions are completely different.  The XCore is rounded corners while the 1S is square...

I've used the Supreme line for so long now I can't use sticks with rounded corners 

1 hour ago, Utterkaos94 said:

Could someone explain to me what's the advantage of the V cut X Rib design Nexus? Are the skate dimensions still Nexus dimensions, or are they Vapor dimensions?

Vapor (like x:60's, etc.) dimension in a Nexus scheme. 

I wish Bauer would bring the nexus V cut to retail. 

5 hours ago, Bbd94 said:

Really interesting find here. Ovi, other than Stamkos, is really the face of that Supreme line. I know he was pretty unhappy with the MX3 but he has been fine with the 1S this season. Not to mention the shaft dimensions are completely different.  The XCore is rounded corners while the 1S is square...

I've used the Supreme line for so long now I can't use sticks with rounded corners 

His shafts could be different shapes than what they offer at retail.

18 hours ago, jdvn said:

Vapor (like x:60's, etc.) dimension in a Nexus scheme. 

I wish Bauer would bring the nexus V cut to retail. 

So why not just wear tech mesh vapors? Marketing?