Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

Does anyone know if STX's curves are "used" by their athletes like the other companies do? Like I would love to try a Trocheck, Pirri, or Moulson curve. But I'm only seeing X9, X28, X88, and X92.

Do you mean like how Warrior calls their 28 "Yakupov" and Bauer calls theirs "Giroux," where for CCM it's "McDavid"? If so, in reality most if not all pros whose names are associated with a retail curve use curves that are completely different than the ones their names have been paired with at retail.

5 hours ago, flip12 said:

Do you mean like how Warrior calls their 28 "Yakupov" and Bauer calls theirs "Giroux," where for CCM it's "McDavid"? If so, in reality most if not all pros whose names are associated with a retail curve use curves that are completely different than the ones their names have been paired with at retail.

yeah that's why I say "used." it gives me comfort at night thinking I use Crosby's curve even though I don't haha

On 3/26/2016 at 5:56 PM, joegruber25 said:

Does anyone know if STX's curves are "used" by their athletes like the other companies do? Like I would love to try a Trocheck, Pirri, or Moulson curve. But I'm only seeing X9, X28, X88, and X92.

All 3 of these players use pretty standard patterns. 

Trocheck uses X91

Moulson uses X9 

Pirri uses a slightly modified X28

6 hours ago, vinprun71 said:

518267136_slide.jpg

Big Buff with a 1X last night.

Is he wearing EvoShield wrist guards too? I think that's the first time I've ever seen those on a player

58 minutes ago, cmflynn said:

Is he wearing EvoShield wrist guards too? I think that's the first time I've ever seen those on a player

He's definitely wearing protection of some kind. Not entirely sure what brand, but I'd agree that he's got some wrist protection there.

2 hours ago, cmflynn said:

The 2 pack hockey wrist guards have been around for awhile. I remember when I bought a pair a few years ago, Shane Doan was their endorser.

6 hours ago, XS222 said:

Semi-Gear related,  but Sonny Milano with an interesting lace pattern on his left skate 

image.JPG

Monstrosity to say the least. Good thing he can back it up.. 

Yeah, he was doing that back at the WJC this year. Strange to see he's still doing it. Since it's just in one boot it makes me wonder if it's because of soreness in the tendons or an injury to that foot he's been nursing back to 100% or something similar.

not sure if anyone else has posted this, please feel free to delete if it's a repost, but i just found a cool series on YouTube from the Devils called "The Fix" - basically the EQMs doing repairs/mods to the players' gear - kinda cool. here's 2, but there's more - one is Jiri Tlusty's skate and one is Patrik Elias' skate

edit: I'm just realizing this isn't necessarily a GEAR SIGHTING. so mods, please delete/move if this is off topic - my apologies

2 hours ago, XS222 said:

not sure if anyone else has posted this, please feel free to delete if it's a repost, but i just found a cool series on YouTube from the Devils called "The Fix" - basically the EQMs doing repairs/mods to the players' gear - kinda cool. here's 2, but there's more - one is Jiri Tlusty's skate and one is Patrik Elias' skate

edit: I'm just realizing this isn't necessarily a GEAR SIGHTING. so mods, please delete/move if this is off topic - my apologies

I'd like to see this more around the league

Specifically the Caps and Panthers, to figure out what the hell Jagr wears on his skates. I can't tell if it's tape or a woman's hair band. 

Very cool videos.  could totally relate to the second one when trying on different skates. If only I knew someone with skills like that.

1 hour ago, decoy said:

First Hall now Pacioretty.

332nmrp.jpg

I never understand why people don't explain what they're talking about. I'm assuming it's the Easton Helmet but then again I don't know.