Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

Not around here. The last time I had No Icing put Custom + on a pair of my skates I had to find the holders/steel online elsewhere as they were out and couldn't order more. And that was some 4-5 years ago.

Let me know if you want any, my LHS has boxes of them. Not only their retail stock but a bunch from a local AHL team that cleaned out their skate room last summer.

Step Steel still makes blades for custom+ holders. Jagr has experimented with Light speed edge holders in practice only.

I've forgot Step!

So we can get new runners easily still now.

Keep in mind with Custom+, you will have to drill the outsole at both the front and back towers, or completely remove the holders to change/tighten steel.

I skated on Custom+ for 15 years, and personally don't think they're any better than LS.

Sometimes people assume pros use certain gear or make mods because of performance. The truth is half the time it is just superstition. A friend of mine played in the NHL for 5+ years, during which time he wore the same jock he had in midget. Refused to change because it was "lucky".

Hockey players are weird! :)

Try as you might, you'll never convince me that anything feels as good under my feet as Custom +. The LS Edge with LS2 steel is very close but I think JR said it best when he called Custom + the Cadillac of holders.

I guess even pros let each other try their gear. I recall Komarov scoring a goal wearing Kessels gloves.

Yes, but different teams?

Unless the two are close friends or something but they are really far away from each other/different nationalities. My guess is that it's the Landeskog curve, but wouldn't it be labeled with Bauer's equivalent?

Someone on phew posted that Hextall was upset with high break rate on Ghost's CCMs and had him switch to Bauer. New Bauers weren't ready yet so gave some landeskog sticks as closer to Ghost's specs.

Someone on phew posted that Hextall was upset with high break rate on Ghost's CCMs and had him switch to Bauer. New Bauers weren't ready yet so gave some landeskog sticks as closer to Ghost's specs.

They mentioned during the broadcast last night that he got a "bad batch" of CCM sticks. Voracek has also started using Easton sticks instead of CCM.

Yes, but different teams?

Unless the two are close friends or something but they are really far away from each other/different nationalities. My guess is that it's the Landeskog curve, but wouldn't it be labeled with Bauer's equivalent?

NHL homes and nationalities mean little since plenty of players summer and train in similar locales. Look at all of the different players from all over the league who make the Los Angeles area their summer home.

Haven't seen Vrbata in anything other than Easton sticks for a long time (was using Combat sticks for a time in PHX). But I guess that's what a scoring slump will make you do. Tonight he's in Warrior gloves too with a candy cane job on the stick, pics to come.

509449106_std.jpg

Hall was sporting a V08 yesterday instead of his usual PX3 and back to an Easton stick.

Actually it was interesting. He started the game with his standard QR1, and then switched to the Easton Stealth midway through.

guys , anyboy knows whats that new CCM tacks stick that Connor McDee is using...and probably some other guys too? nothing found on CCM's twitter page

He uses new CCM Super Tacks stick.