Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

19 hours ago, mnpucker said:

My Son held the stick, confirmed it feels very different than anything else. The shaft shape has no corners on one side. felt good in the hand, fit the hand nicely. 

Kind of reminds me of the Bauer titanium shaft I had back in 99''-2000. They made a left and right hand version and if I remember correctly the side of the shaft that was in your palm (insert joke here) was convex and the side that you wrapped your fingers around was concave. I'm really interested to try one out, I just hope it's not a real glossy stick like the current RX, too much reflection off the top or the blade. I really like my Surgeon 500 though.

Sounds like the old Bauer DET. I think that is what is was called..... Concave and convex shaft shapes, but this is square and convex? (]

Sounds like a modified version of the old Trilage attempt. Just a matter of time before a lacrosse company put some lacrosse feel into the stick shaft. I'm surprised that Warrior hasn't explored something along these lines. Or maybe they have and it didn't test well for them?

2 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

It's not convex. 

Think hexagonal...like a lacrosse shaft.

It's on the bottom side - where your fingers go.

Really neat concept. 

Check the tarp by the guy stickhandling for reference

4 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Thanks for posting this. Really is an innovation. With such a different design I will b interested to see how this works from a flex and kick standpoint. Also wondering how the shaft tapers, to more of a traditional stick as it gets closer to the blade or if it maintains the shape to the hosel. Lastly, release date?

5 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

He did that with his Total Ones IIRC. 

Yes he did and his previous pair was blacked out.

7 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Becomes traditional towards the lower middle of the stick, so this is strictly where hand placement would be for stickhandling/shooting. 

Thanks, JR

Reminiscent and reworked around the ccm octo-gun stick. They did something similar with octagonal shape however it was to reduce torque in the taper, not in your hands directly.

On 3/9/2016 at 6:15 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

So it's basically an upside Titan ASD shaft.

7 hours ago, Neo5370 said:

So it's basically an upside Titan ASD shaft.

Ha, that's too funny. Also sad I'm old enough to get the reference.

On March 9, 2016 at 9:38 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

No - it's not the new 1X.

The new 1X graphic package is different.  Bauer is down by the bottom and Vapor is on the handle.

I don't know if the stick is actually different at all besides graphics but it didn't feel different than the current. I actually had one in hand and used it for a little while. I skated with the guys that shot the Toews water bottle video and Bauer let them keep all of the sticks they used to shoot the videos with and it was a new 1x 87 flex Ovechkin. 

The stick is different.  It's a lighter package, and different manufacturing process. 

But it the original question was the stick in the picture. It's not the new 1x, at least graphically. 

3 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

The stick is different.  It's a lighter package, and different manufacturing process. 

But it the original question was the stick in the picture. It's not the new 1x, at least graphically. 

So to be clear its not the next Vapor stick its just a 1X with new graphics that is lighter than the regular 1X and 1XLE?