Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

10 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

That would make it a new stick.  

It's not the same as the original 1X. But will be called 1X. 

It's a HO'16 stick, so unfortunately, quite a while away.

6 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

Bauer is dumbing down their stick lines......everything is new with the same names......great idea, huh......

Sounds to me like they're hedging their bets on kids wanting to buy the newest stick, regardless of model. For everyone else, and parents who buy equipment for their child, it's going to be very confusing. I can imagine the surprise little Billy gets when his mom buys him the "old" 1X for his birthday instead of the 2016 version.

2 minutes ago, Bbd94 said:

Sounds to me like they're hedging their bets on kids wanting to buy the newest stick, regardless of model. For everyone else, and parents who buy equipment for their child, it's going to be very confusing. I can imagine the surprise little Billy gets when his mom buys him the "old" 1X for his birthday instead of the 2016 version.

Billy is going to be hot pissed too!  i'll bet he makes mom carry his bag to and from the car all season.

1 hour ago, Bbd94 said:

It sounds like Billy's mom got some shitty service from her LHS if they didn't explain the difference between the old and new

Billy's mom got the wrong stick because she  ordered it online to  get 20% and free shipping.  If there still was a LHS nearby she would have bought the current model Billy wanted.

3 hours ago, Stryker said:

It sounds like Billy's mom got some shitty service from her LHS if they didn't explain the difference between the old and new

36 minutes ago, DarkStar50 said:

Billy's mom got the wrong stick because she  ordered it online to  get 20% and free shipping.  If there still was a LHS nearby she would have bought the current model Billy wanted.

Without further derailing the thread more, you can't deny the fact that it's going to confuse the average consumer. 90% of players and their families are not gear junkies like on here. If it confuses some of us, imagine what it will be to the general public :huh:. Sorry if I didn't get any intended sarcasm, but can't look at it from that perspective. 

The current year 1X will be the one not slightly marked down and will probably have a slightly different paint scheme. I've always wondered why companies didn't do this rather than constantly monkeying with naming conventions that people can't keep straight. It is much easier to follow a product line when it is just "20XX {insert stick name}"

Bbd94, as the buyer for my shop, I was confused when the rep first told me the new sticks would have the same names!! I have been in the business a long, long time but this was a first. Not changing the model tags? Let me be extra careful labeling new stock and marking down old stock. It will be fun to explain to the customer the new stick with the old name.

20 hours ago, Bbd94 said:

Without further derailing the thread more, you can't deny the fact that it's going to confuse the average consumer. 90% of players and their families are not gear junkies like on here. If it confuses some of us, imagine what it will be to the general public :huh:. Sorry if I didn't get any intended sarcasm, but can't look at it from that perspective. 

19 hours ago, chippa13 said:

The current year 1X will be the one not slightly marked down and will probably have a slightly different paint scheme. I've always wondered why companies didn't do this rather than constantly monkeying with naming conventions that people can't keep straight. It is much easier to follow a product line when it is just "20XX {insert stick name}"

19 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

Bbd94, as the buyer for my shop, I was confused when the rep first told me the new sticks would have the same names!! I have been in the business a long, long time but this was a first. Not changing the model tags? Let me be extra careful labeling new stock and marking down old stock. It will be fun to explain to the customer the new stick with the old name.

21 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

Might as well go off the rails, I'm sure the 2016-2017 thread should be popping up soon anyways :)

Doesn't the potential confusion put more emphasis on actually going into a physical store and having an informed conversation with someone who works there? Basically making it better for the stores with actual people compared to buying things online? It will be pretty confusing, but honestly I find that a lot of people are already confused by the changes in model numbers going from year to year, especially when it comes to skates and sticks. calling something a 2016 1x or a 2015 1x seems a little more intuitive than an apx2, or an apx, or a 1x right? And what about when comparing a supreme one.9 to a one90 to a 190? I think this will make it more simple for people to follow.

And if they really can't wrap their head around it, compare it to cars. How long has the Honda civic been around for? Decades, but that doesn't mean its the same car as when it first came out. 

Honestly, it will be slightly confusing at first, but as long as everyone that is working at the LHS knows the difference and can explain it to clueless mom/dad then there wont be a problem at all. The only issue comes from the shops that don't train employees properly, which leads to inaccurate information or improper explanations that can lead to complications with customers. Its not like this sticks are going to share the same vendor codes, right? There will obviously be a difference, its training your people to understand the difference well enough to explain it properly in a way that doesn't boil down to how the stick is named the same as the previous year's.

$.02

There was the original Dolomite, then you'd see the Dolomite DD, Spyne, HD.

Could be a route to go down, but let's be honest, wouldn't be the first time Bauer "borrowed" something from Warrior. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, EBondo said:

Could be a route to go down, but let's be honest, wouldn't be the first time Bauer "borrowed" something from Warrior. :ph34r:

yup!

This guy is trying some new twigs:

http://3.cdn.nhle.com/nhl/images/upload/gallery/2016/03/515629226_slide.jpg

13 hours ago, EBondo said:

But here's the issue...the name is Vapor.  Everything else is designating the new Vapor model.

Anyway, the reason why this is happening is because they want to align the sticks and skates together for 2017.

1 hour ago, chippa13 said:

Then I'd recommend you take a look at the 2015 and 2016 catalogs.

Just had a look boss. I couldn't find anything that separated the 1X from the 2015 catalogue to the 2016 version. 

Unless I missed something, of course.

Sticks -

Nothing new on sticks from the Fall, however, a new Vapor stick line will be covered in a separate review down the road.

So I suppose you glossed right over this nugget from JR's review of the 2016 catalogue.

1 hour ago, jdvn said:

Just had a look boss. I couldn't find anything that separated the 1X from the 2015 catalogue to the 2016 version. 

Unless I missed something, of course.

Improved shot release/kick essentially, without revealing specs. It's revealed in the Holiday 2016 catalogue, which isn't available here yet.

12 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

But here's the issue...the name is Vapor.  Everything else is designating the new Vapor model.

Anyway, the reason why this is happening is because they want to align the sticks and skates together for 2017.

I know, more of just a "well it's not the first time" thing.

Makes sense. I was wondering when Bauer would eventually go down this route.

On 3/8/2016 at 3:06 PM, JR Boucicaut said:

It's not convex. 

Think hexagonal...like a lacrosse shaft.

It's on the bottom side - where your fingers go.

Really neat concept. 

I like the concept too.  I talked to one of the reps at the show, he said the ergo grip came from tennis and not lacrosse.  That was a shock, I figured a lax influence too.

I got a demo postcard, so I will share how I like it once I get a group and do it.

BTW, the shape of it is the shape on the postcard for the free hat, and is also the white shape on the free hat they were giving away at the booth.

Is this similar to the sticks (name brand, Trilogy maybe) that were out for a while in the early/mid 2000's?  I believe they were rounded on the back hand and flat on the forehand of the shaft.