Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AmeriCanadian

Really trying to find the right stick and it's come down to curve choice

I've been looking at the pattern db, my Bauer, pictures of the vanek, and anything else I could find but I need definite confirmation on whether or not the p89 is similar/clone to ccm's/reeboks p45/p38 to me they look similar but I've had some good and bad with judging blades in the past I'm currently using the p88 and feel it's just too deep and wouldn't mind it being a tad more open which to me would be the p45 but I'd like to stick with Bauer so is the p89 a good choice?

p89 isn't close to p38, it's a mid-heel curve. if you want something more open then go with p38, although i am pretty sure the p45 is different from the p38 as well.

try a p92. easy curve to find and a bit more open than the p88.

Based on your description of what you are after the p89 ticks all the boxes but I believe it is only available from MyBauer, you can't find it retail. I think you would find the p92 to open from a P88. If you could handle a lower lie and a slightly more heel curve then try a pm9, I know a lot of players who have moved between this and a p88 without having to make a lot of adjustments to shooting / passing styles.

I haven't gotten to analyze the P89 versus the PM9 in person, but I've looked at what pictures I could find on here and other hockey message boards indexed by Google. Maybe someone can clarify from seeing both side by side but the P89 and PM9 look like they're about the same lie at the heel, but they diverge at the middle and toe of the blade because the P89 is considerably more rockered.

I haven't gotten to analyze the P89 versus the PM9 in person, but I've looked at what pictures I could find on here and other hockey message boards indexed by Google. Maybe someone can clarify from seeing both side by side but the P89 and PM9 look like they're about the same lie at the heel, but they diverge at the middle and toe of the blade because the P89 is considerably more rockered.

The P89 is pretty much how you described it. A nice mid-heel with a bit of rocker and square toe. If it were available at LHS I would be using it. Alas, it's not so I am using the P29 from CCM or the P92.