Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devils26

Bauer x80 LE stick

X80 has a basketweave carbon shaft instead of a carbon glass shaft. The X80 has the (old) signature Intelli-sense technology instead of a traditional low kick point. The X80 has an upgraded Aero Foam 3 blade core instead of a PU blade core. Fairly significant improvements in all areas.

I find it a little heavy and dead feeling for the price point neighborhood it's at compared to other sticks on clearance. For an extra $20 you could do a lot better at this time of year (e.g. Easton V7, Warrior DT1ST/LT, Warrior AX1, RBZ80) but there's nothing really bad about the X80, just nothing particularly great either.

Yeah, I'm a fan of all of Bauer's higher end sticks like the MX3, APX2, NXG, Nexus 1000/8000, 1X, and the models a step down from there. Only problem is that those sticks for the most part aren't available on clearance now and those that are generally aren't available for righties or have very limited pattern/flex availability. I only mentioned the Warriors and Eastons in particular because the deals that a lot of stores have on them right now are absolutely great for the value you're getting.

Usually even where there is a lot of pattern/flex availability, the Bauer clearance prices are still in my view too high compared to comparable sticks from other brands. I'm not paying for an APX2 when I can get 2 DT1LTs for the same price. Bauer makes great products and they own the market right now. They also have a bit of a cool factor. As a result, people seem to be willing to pay a premium for their products. Good for them, but in my experience, I've found that most of the top end sticks from major manufacturers are pretty comparable in terms of performance, so I'm not going to pay much extra for the Bauer product.

I agree. How did you like the warrior dt1? I've never had a warrior before. I don't like eastons because I find they don't last long. Was the dt1 durable? How about shooting?

I agree. How did you like the warrior dt1? I've never had a warrior before. I don't like eastons because I find they don't last long. Was the dt1 durable? How about shooting?

I found all the DT1s were pretty durable, but the DT1ST was most durable (and one of the most durable sticks of any brand on the market), then the DT1LT and DT1 are pretty even. If your main concern is blade durability, go for it, there are few if any more durable blades out there. Dut if you usually break sticks on the shaft, the Dagger Taper on the DT1 and LT can be a weak spot.

I really liked them for shooting and passing. The blade is super stiff but I didn't find it was overly pingy receiving passes. I've quite liked it.

Easton has been hit or miss on durability, and while I generally agree with you as to their elliptical taper sticks, their standard connection sticks like the V9 and V7 were alright this go-round.

I was looking at the warrior covert dt1. It was a great price but a 55 flex. I like a 67 in Bauers. The only flex that's aviable is 55 or 75. I don't want to change flexs if there's a big difference

Which Bauer do you have a 67 flex in? If it's a Vapor I think you'd be in decent shape with an intermediate 70 flex DT1. Also 75 for Warrior is a senior flex, and will be stiffer, especially after cutting down than a Bauer Int. 65 flex.

X70 I have 67 flex. I'm deciding between vapor x80 or warrior covert. The only thing is that x80 comes in my flex and curve but not the warrior. Both these sticks are under $100 on clearance and are both low kicks.

I like the looks of the x80LE...but am in the warrior camp. Mainly have experience with shafts and blades. But I will not touch Bauer shafts. I know the one95 was a good stick...but that was then. I see too many Bauer stick shafts fail and if you look you will see many stress fractures. I do not see these on warriors.

It's disappointing especially when you see so many players with bauers.

To each their own.