Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devils26

Skates

Can anyone tell me some good skates to buy for cheap. I play high school hockey an travel so I play pretty often. Can anyone tell me good quality skates that I can get for cheap. Thanks

1. What qualifies as "cheap"
2. We can give you advice as to the performance and durability of different models, but the controlling factor should be how well they fit you, which we cannot tell over the internet.

Depends what kind of foot you have your best bet would be older skates or close out skates. You want to try them on and make sure they fit well, because otherwise you just threw away 200 bucks.

Here are some skates to look at:

Graf 705 - $202 (kind of neutral more narrow fit, older skates, will be super durable they'll last you forever, but not very light)

Reebok ribcor 30k - $199 (narrower fit, reebok is getting phased out so these are a good choice, second from top of the line skates for cheap)

CCM RBZ - $242 (afaik rbz fit about as wide as any skate out there, but they heat mold well. The entire line is discontinued so you can get these for real cheap, both of these are a little more than 200, but you're probably not going to find a better deal)
CCM RBZ100 - $214

Go to a store and try them on, but in your price range, here are the models you should look at. Pretty much all of them are closeouts now.

Vapor: X80 $225

RBZ: 100 or 90. 90 is a killer deal at 175 now.
Reebok: 30K if available in your size.

Or find something in good condition on ebay or the sell forum here. You might have to do some trial and error before getting the perfect fit, but if something doesn't work, you can always flip it.