Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lorent2

Ideas for Junior stick

Hi,

I'll have to buy a stock for my nephew (Jr U11 ; stick flex 50).

I have no idea of prices, especially not stick back.

Do you have any typs for me?

I think taking a CCM tacks 3052.

Sorry for the bad translation, I'm French player.

Is this for roller hockey or ice? And will he be playing on a smooth sportcourt type of surface (generally indoors) or on rough asphalt/concrete (generally outdoors)?

A Tacks 3052 should be fine for him as he's playing mostly on a smooth surface. There are also a lot of junior shafts and blades on ebay for pretty cheap, and that might be a better option to start out since blades tend to wear out faster in roller, even on a smooth surface. It'll allow you to replace only the blade, not the whole stick, over time. I don't know how expensive shipping to France would be, but it's worth a look.

He use actually shaft (Bauer one 55) and new blade at this season.

I think now, it's time to play with a good stick, for 2-3 years before changing.

It's a gift for this birthday in august.

Hi,

I'll have to buy a stock for my nephew (Jr U11 ; stick flex 50).

I have no idea of prices, especially not stick back.

Do you have any typs for me?

I think taking a CCM tacks 3052.

Sorry for the bad translation, I'm French player.

Just a ton of sticks on clearance right now, in fact, Bauer has some APX2 in very short supply, for great prices, but if you are a pure CCM guy, both the 3052 is on clearance, as well as RBZ 130/110.

I used this same strategy last year to get my son (also 11) a Reebok Ribcore stick, for a great price and it has been a great stick.

Love these new stick releases :)

I'd look on ebay. I just sold a pair of skates to a guy in the UK and shipping was very reasonable using their international shipping system. He paid about $30 to get them from the US to the UK. Sticks might cost a little more, but if you have limited selection over there, it's worth a shot.