Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny_Karate

Found this Cooper SK600- valuable helmet, or garage sale junk?

Hi guys,

Hopefully this is the best place to ask about this sort of thing (please let me know if it isn't). But I was going through our attic, and found this red Cooper SK600 hockey helmet still in its packaging.

rFeUhDU.jpg

We're selling our old stuff, so my first impulse was to see how much I could reasonably sell it for.

I came across this eBay listing which listed a similar helmet for $145 USD. But as we all know, some eBay listing prices can be totally bogus.

Here's a few more pictures of the helmet:

DlAJgbI.jpg

RakPRLb.jpg

So with that said- how much should I be selling this helmet for? Chump change, or more than that?
  • Like 1

If it's an adult size, broom ball and/or hurling folks seem to eat vintage helmets up. I would throw it on ebay for .99 and let the bidding go. It's new in box so you should get plenty of action if it's desirable.

I think you could probably get some cash for it, but just my two cents from trying to sell hockey gear on ebay over the summer -- list it close to what you'd like to sell it for. The market is pretty lousy right now and if you list for a low starting bid there's a good chance someone comes along and puts in a single bid on the last minute of the auction to win the thing.

I'm sure you'll be able to sell it no problem, there are some guys still looking for those. However, those guys are becoming few and far between, either retiring from hockey or once they try a new modern helmet, they'd never go back to something like that.

Yeah, I'd list it as buy it now price with option to make an offer. 

BTW the pics don't work, what color is it? 

Edited by SirJW