Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canqingz

NOT enough heel lock from X100? should go from EE to D?

a little background:

Used to have vapor x3.0 7.5ee and supreme one.8 7.5ee, both skates provide great heel lock for me.

Liked the fit of vapor line better, so I upgraded to x100 7.5ee.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything went on fine for the first couple of months, and breakin process was not as painful as my x3.0's.

but now, I am starting to feel that the heel was starting to get looser.(forefoot is OK, a little extra room though)

Q1.Is this because the x100's fit is slightly different from that of the old generation?(maybe wider than before?)

Q2.Can I get a better heel lock by going from EE to D?

Thanks in advance!

The A heel in a D boot will be more narrow than the B heel in the EE skate. However, that does not guarantee a better "lock", only that they will be tighter there.

What kind of laces are you using? Have you tried waxed laces? They can snug up and hold nicely on particular areas.

If you like the fit in the forefoot with the EE but still want a snugger fit in the heel try wearing something like Bunga Achilles pad.

I'm in between heel sizes and I wear them to make up the difference and they've worked well for me

you can try to wear stable 26 socks. may solve your heel lock problem...

i have had really bad heel lock with my RBZ skates. but i solved it wearing stable 26.

or, you can wear pads around your ankle area. like EZeefit.

thank you guys for the input,

I thinks i am going to try achilles pad or the stable 26 socks

What kind of laces are you using? Have you tried waxed laces? They can snug up and hold nicely on particular areas.

I am using waxed laces, but they don't seem to help much...

thank you guys for the input,

I thinks i am going to try achilles pad or the stable 26 socks

I am using waxed laces, but they don't seem to help much...

Old thread but did you have success with the stable 26?

I just went from vapors to supreme because the vapors were too low volume but the supremes have more room in the heel, mostly just in my right foot on the inside below the ankle. Not so much that my foot slide around and I haven't been on the ice with them yet, so one they are broken in it may not be an issue, but if it is, this It looks like this would be the perfect solution.