Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mimizk

Compatibility of MLX skate holder and Tuuk Lightspeed/LS2

I'm considering the way to customize Yow-angle of edge holder and boots. I've thought that if MLX holder have the same hole pattern/position as Tuuk Lightspeed or Lightspeed2 holder, I can use MLX holder to adjust yow-angle of edge. Then after swap it to LS holder.

Does anyone here who knows about that information?

Also it's better if MLX have the same difference of elevation as LS.

For example, I'm interested in Quikblade holder to get quick changeable ability of runner. Of course I know Lightspeed Edge holder which have the same ability. But I want to use Step steel with it. I read that Quikblade have the same difference of elevation as Tuuk holders. I've been using Tuuk holder for 15years over. so I'm glad if the holder had the same pitch as Tuuk series for tuning ease.

I won't be of much help... but...

I assume you mean "yaw-angle," but personally, I'm not sure why you'd want to adjust it. That'd essentially move the holder/runner away from the center-line of your foot. Any particular reason why you'd want to fiddle with it?

I think that you're better off going with the LS Edge holder and buying LS3 with the DLC runners. That's what I'm doing with my new VH's as soon as I get them. I remember LS3 being pretty good, so I can only imagine them being even better with the coating. If you can wait a month or so, I'll let you know if it's worth going that route (my current VH's have LS2/Step Steel Black, so I'll be able to compare the LS3 DLC to them).

C1yoIH7.jpg

I assume you mean "yaw-angle," but personally, I'm not sure why you'd want to adjust it. That'd essentially move the holder/runner away from the center-line of your foot. Any particular reason why you'd want to fiddle with it?

The meaning of "yaw angle" which the picture shows us is exactly same as I wrote. (Sorry I miswrote it as "Yow")

And the reason why I want to change/adjust the angle is already you wrote. Yes, I want to move it from "center-line". But in this case, I want to move it from "boots' center-line". The blade yaw-angle which is based on one's foot center line is not always same as "boots' center line". This customize is not rare in another skate world.

We can't attach the holder correctly according to "foot center-line" with viewing of boots outshape. We would get much difference if we move the holder nose only 1mm left or right.

Now I've been thinking that able to sharpen ordinary is one of an ability of skate runner. Also I had an interest for coated steels as Blackedge. But I didn't buy it because it can't be used hone commonly.

t7ugk7Rh.jpg

To use this method, I can change yaw-angle relatively smart.

But also can't adjust it as MLX. It needs repetition of drilling, glueing, riveting...

I love this idea. I have MLX holders on my boots still and was considering swapping them for Cobra 5000's because I know I like the 5000's pitch better and I also suspect I like its center-of-gravity better, though I'm not 100% on the center-of-gravity thing yet. Still, with the MLX holders I'm really happy I can just pop some lifts in and back out if it turns out to be too much or too little. After fiddling with that, I may adjust the yaw, but I'm not really sure I'll need to. It's nice just to have those options.

As soon as I'm perfectly satisfied with the various holder adjustments, I plan on removing the steel arms that connect the holes on each quadrant of the holder and just using loctite to secure the screws. It's nice to be able to experiment without having to re-rivet every time, and then once a more permanent position is settled on, it can be carved in stone, as it were.

Are you thinking to fix the holder onto the boot by screw with loctite?

Definitely I'm also interested in screw fixing, but it's hard to see who are using it. So does it have something like weak point?

Yeah, right now it's just stainless screws and a long skinny plate that connects the holes on each area of the holder (4 plates on each holder front and back x inside and outside). Compared to Graf's RMS, this installation has 28 screws for both boots combined where Graf only has 16. Graf's RMS has Loctite Blue on the screws to lock the threads. That's where I got the inspiration.

RMS works great, I only used 4 in the back and 4 in the front on each skate. and you dont have to concern screws come off while skating or.

and can apply threadblocker on screws(already applied on screws but can be safer)

plus, they dont scratch bottoms of insoles. definetly needed bigger holes on outsoles(15/64 holes).