Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tickles

New Steel for MX3's Causing Unusual Fatigue

Hey guys,

I replaced the stock fusion steel in my mx3's with LS3 steel. Since I have made the switch I have had a few skates and am finding that my my quad's are fatiguing during skating much more than they were with the fusion steel. I am absolutely bagged after a skate, which is unusual as I'm in fine form.

I am in my last year of grad school and so money is tight - I am hoping to be able to get my LHS to fix the problem, and would rather not resort to buying more steel (fusion).

I am writing to ask if this is a radius/hollow issue. Generally with the fusion steel I skated on a 9/16th sharpening.

Thanks,

Do you still have the Fusion steel? It could be that the radius that was on them doesn't match the new steel, and you're fighting against the change.

Yes I still have the old fusion steel. Should I just take them into my LHS and get them to match the radius'? It just seems odd that I'm fighting so hard against such a minimal change. Is the stock LS3 still at a different radius than the Fusion steel?

I tried those LS3 steel on my MX3s too... epic fail. I went right back to the fusions. I felt like I was dragging a bus around the rink. I'm pretty sure it was the radius, I just don't have the

patience to fix it, or the time to adapt.

Zorlac, I feel the same way when I skate. I was skating way better on the fusions. Given my student budget, is there any way I can salvage the LS3 steel to play like the fusions?

You just went from steel with a 9' profile to steel with a 10' profile. Have the LS3 profiled to 9' like the Fusion steel was.

You may also want to have some bulk shaved off the toe and heel areas.

Depends who is doing it? I've seen some have way too much taken off.