Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jratcl13

Your first ever goal.

Started playing hockey about 6 months ago, had my second proper game this weekend and managed to score my first goal, which i am over the moon about.

Just wanted to hear about everyone else's first goal and what it was like.

Mine was as follow's.

I was parked in front of their goalie and our RW took a wrister from the hash marks, hit the goalies pad and went out to a defender who was a few feet in front of me, so i skated out following the rebound, lifted his stick and just turned shoot as hard as i could (aiming 5 hole, as its the only one i can consistently get, ahhaa) and luckily it went it.

Not the best goal ever, but one i wont forget. Was nice that the rest of the guys on the bench went mad as well, which made it even better for me!

Got my first league game goal after not playing for almost 15 years this past spring.

Came in alone on the forecheck against a lone defenseman. Caught his pass out near the left dot and cut for the front of the net. Goalie was hugging the left post and I knew I had time, so I held it until she (its a Coed league) started to slide over and put it top right corner.

Best part was the goalie is the wife of a co-worker so I got to give him some crap about scoring on his wife last night!

A little give-and-go with my winger and I rushed hard to the net. I usually rack up like two assists for every goal I score, but something made sense about the play. He took it hard to the boards, passed to me in the slot and it went a hair under the bar blocker side. Didn't even process that I scored until my teammate woo'd. :)

I was playing wing and I stole the puck from the defenseman on my blue line. I skated as fast as I could to the other end and let it go from the hash marks. It hit the goalie square in the chest and I cleaned up my own rebound. This was last week. My third game ever. Exhilarating.

My center had pulled up at the hash marks and pulled the defense with him. He managed to get a shot off and I crashed to the net and got the wide open cage off the rebound. It seemed even more fitting that it happened on my favorite NHLers B-Day (Sid)

Ah, the first beer league goal I scored. Season opening game in the Independence Events Center (main hockey bowl, not the community ice) against a team the local firefighters put together. Complete barn burner, we traded goals left and right. Tied 7-7 late in the third, shot from the center went off the goalie's pad, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time on the right wing, put it over the goalie's pad as a game winner.

http://i.imgur.com/qqgVnWj.jpgThis post-game celebration ensued, along with the typical college Thirsty Thursday. I'll never forget that night.

don't recall

might have got one or some in the 1970s.

Being a defensive defenceman the goals were few and far between in atom, peewee, bantam, beer league and even many scrub games.

typical goals are either:

A) intercepting a cross ice pass, coming in close and shooting on the goalie, he stops it without covering it, and I get a goal in a close in shot on the first or second rebound.

B) joining the rush with a forward passing back and forth with me going to the tip and tipping the puck high very close in

C) cleaing up somone's elses garbage that no one has bothered to pick up

D) shooting through a maze of players and suprisingly no one tips or blocks it and it goes in

E) some how wandeed further than usual into the offensive zone, somehow ended up with the puck and the goalie left a lot of one side open and miraculously I didn't miss

Had a total of 3 goals last season with 2 of them in the final game - 1 from column A, and 1 from column D

I wish I could remember anything. The only thing I think about on the ice is how drunk can i get before I have to clear out of the locker room. Which could be a reason i don't remember my goal.

First one that comes to mind is from Atom... or maybe Peewee. It was the first game of the year and there was a mad scramble in front of the net, then the puck caught my eye sitting on the goal line between the post and the goalie skate. I DOVE and shoved it home, it was a garbage goal but in the first game! I thought this was going to be one of those years where I was going to flood the net... I was scoreless till mid-season HA! Finished strong though, so it's all good!

First goal I would have been about 12 I guess, I had been playing street hockey for a good few years before I took up ice hockey so I was in my first game within about 3 weeks of my first practice with the team..

It was a matter of right place right time as a shot came in from the slot that the net minder stopped but it came to me on my back hand and I lifted it in, first goal with my first ever shot. After my junior career was over I had a break and came back as a senior and scored again with my first shot on a break away.. One shot one goal me.... lol

First year of organized hockey.  Squirts 1972.  I was ankle skating my way to the goal as my teammate was skating in with the puck.  He shot.  I had already fallen on my ass, and happened to land on the rebound.  I slid into the net with the puck lodged under my rump.

The other fowards were cycling down low, and I was parked at the bottom left hashmark, someone passed it to me and I took the hardest one timer I could. Went low blocker.

That was two seasons ago. That was also the nicest goal I've scored, since the other four were loose pucks in the crease that I poked in.

Atoms. Big scramble around the net. Puck is sitting in the blue. I reach for it, but someone trips me, and I fall down but slide into the net with the puck. Unfortunately, this was my own net. I was trying to clear the puck, not put it in. 

I was just talking about this the other night. I have no idea when I scored my first goal. Probably Junior Varsity hockey or Bantams? :(