Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

The 2015-16 Suspension Thread

It's time for Raffi to pack it in for good. He is of little benefit to his team on the ice and to players on the other team he is down right dangerous.

It's time for Raffi to pack it in for good. He is of little benefit to his team on the ice and to players on the other team he is down right dangerous.

Teams have no business signing guys like him. As long as they continue to reward guys like him with contracts for playing that style, guys will continue to play that way.

The weird part was that in the video he mentions that he's not considered a repeat offender, something about how few games he's played due to injury, or something?

The weird part was that in the video he mentions that he's not considered a repeat offender, something about how few games he's played due to injury, or something?

yes under the new CBA he's not considered a repeat offender because he has no offenses in its tenure, because he missed all of last season and only played like ten games the year before to injury

The Sharks would have to apply for non-roster status for Torres in order to protect their 23 man roster. I am curious how much of a rubber stamp kind of process this might be and whether the league can deny the request thus reducing the Sharks active roster to 22 plus the suspended Torres.

That means games missed by Torres do not count against his suspension. Barring a trade to a team that will list Torres as an active player, Raffi's days in the league are over.

Barring a trade to a team that will list Torres as an active player, Raffi's days in the league are over.

Who needs help getting to the cap floor? I could see someone picking up his contract as part of a cap relief trade, especially if he is still a non roster player a couple months from now.

https://streamable.com/ljh0

Thoughts on this hit from the McDavid? I can see him trying to throw a big hit and prove to everyone he is not just a star but this is pretty blatant. Hard to believe the ref standing 10 feet away looking directly at the play decided not to call at least a boarding penalty. Really dangerous play that I feel should get him a talking to from the league but I am sure it will not. Any other non superstar players throwing this hit is looking at one or two nights off.

What better way to start this thread than with Raffi Torres, suspended 41 games for an illegal hit to the head of Anaheim Ducks forward Jakob Silfverberg.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1528&id=840482〈=en

I can't fathom how this guy is still in the league.

Oh god, he's back. Any bets on when the next suspension will be?

http://www.tsn.ca/sharks-quickly-activate-torres-after-record-suspension-1.422533