Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zzapdog

Best skates for wide forefoot, narrow heel

Need some opinions on skates. I have a very wide forefoot (similar to a nexus EE) and then my heel fits perfect in a D width supreme skate. I have tried punching out and everything and my skates are to a point where if I punch them out anymore they will be badly deformed. Nothing seems to be working so I'm open to any brand/skate model suggestions to fix this pain.

I'm currently skating in EE width APX2's that have been punched out severely. My forefoot still hurts and I experience heel slippage at the same time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a very wide forefoot and a narrow heel. My sneaker is 4e.

If you're skating in apx2s then I would recommend VH footwear.

It was worth every penny and my feet are so comfortable now.

I used to punch out my skates all the time and my feet would still hurt. Vh was a godsend.

I believe that Graf skates with model numbers ending in ...35 have a narrow heel and wider forefoot. It's worth a shot if you can find them at a LHS to try on.

I would describe myself as having that profile, and I fit well in my RBZ EE as my heel sinks well in the heel pocket.

Otherwise, I think Mako or Mako 2 is a good option.

Bauer Supremes... trust me I went through like 5 pairs of different skates and the Supreme 180s fit perfectly (in terms of a good heel lock for a narrow heel and wide enough for a wide forefoot).

I agree about the ccm tacks having a good fit with that type of foot or makos because even if you get the ee bake them and those things will form so well, unlike any other boot really. I guess if you really wanted to you could also look for some pro returns that fit your specs.

Same issue for me. I ended up going with the Nexus for it's width and depth. Using an innersole like Superfeet and pinching the heels while the boot is warm can help eat up some of that space. I ended up having padding added to the ankle/heel pocket. It's helped tremendously, but I wouldn't advise it unless you totally trust the shop doing the work.

Check out Stable26 socks, not a bad option.

In my experience, I'd rather deal with poor heel lock than a narrow forefoot. I guess I'd rather loose a little power in my stride than spend the next day limping around.

@stick9 - You might wanna check out the Powerfoot inserts to make up some of the space in the toe box. I had the same issues as you, ended up going with Nexus, but felt like my toes were moving around way too much in the toe box. The insert also keeps toes warm, which is always pleasantly welcomed.