Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mario123

Bauer Total One MX3 vs Warrior Dynasty HD1 Stick

Just wondering who has used both, and which one you like better, and why. I use more wrist shots and snap shots than slappers. Which stick loads easier? How does the blade feel compare, etc

Thanks

Sherwood Rekker EK60. You won't be disappointed

Yup. IMO the EK15/60 are the best sticks on the market if you like low kickpoints. Very light, perfectly balanced and great feel.

Well I haven't used an mx3 but I have used and nxg and they have the exact same kick point and I have to say I thought it loaded very easily. A lot of people say it plays stiff but I got it in an 87 and I almost exclusively use 77's and I'd say I only am under flexing it by a hair but so much easier to flex than I thought it would be. As for an hd1 I've only held it and flexed it in store so I don't really know how it loads but I'd say it plays true to its flex. I hope I was of some help!

I have both. I actually prefer the HD1. I wouldn't call it a real apples to apples comparison as the patterns are different. The pattern on the HD1 is identical to what I was using before while the MX3 pattern was a bit new to me. The MX3 plays a little stiff and is a bit harder to load. The HD1 has way better puck feel.

Out of curiosity, why are people recommending low kick point sticks when clearly the OP is asking about two mid kickers....

Well I haven't used an mx3 but I have used and nxg and they have the exact same kick point and I have to say I thought it loaded very easily. A lot of people say it plays stiff but I got it in an 87 and I almost exclusively use 77's and I'd say I only am under flexing it by a hair but so much easier to flex than I thought it would be. As for an hd1 I've only held it and flexed it in store so I don't really know how it loads but I'd say it plays true to its flex. I hope I was of some help!

I would check that, I believe the MX3 is "High Kick" and the NXG is "amplified mid kick" or "mid low kick". The Warrior HD1 is a "Mid kick" as far I know.

No I've checked up on that mx3 and nxg both have the same exact kick point with the amplified mid kick the only thing Bauer changed was the blade to make it more durable (power sense core 2).

I would check that, I believe the MX3 is "High Kick" and the NXG is "amplified mid kick" or "mid low kick". The Warrior HD1 is a "Mid kick" as far I know.

MX3 and NXG are not the same stick and feel quite different.

No I've checked up on that mx3 and nxg both have the same exact kick point with the amplified mid kick the only thing Bauer changed was the blade to make it more durable (power sense core 2).

no...the mx3 has a high kick, the nxg had a amplified midkick. The Nxgs flex point would be where your hand usually was in a slapshot and now on the mx3 its like above the bottom hand.

I would know cause JR dropped the knowledge on me a while back

http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/66811-totalone-mx3-stick/

no...the mx3 has a high kick, the nxg had a amplified midkick. The Nxgs flex point would be where your hand usually was in a slapshot and now on the mx3 its like above the bottom hand.

I would know cause JR dropped the knowledge on me a while back

http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/66811-totalone-mx3-stick/

I'm sorry to drag this on but they do in fact have the same kick point, the amplified mid kick. Both of the sticks say it on their shafts and if you watch IW's review on YouTube over the mx3 chase does say they left the kick point alone. The new supreme 1s coming out later will have a new higher kick point.

I found the QR1 felt whippier than the HD1. I would use an 85 flex in the QR1 but I would use a 75 flex in the HD1. Keep in mind I play old-timers and our back swing has to be below the hip so slappers aren't in my arsenal (actually, never has been).

I found the QR1 felt whippier than the HD1. I would use an 85 flex in the QR1 but I would use a 75 flex in the HD1. Keep in mind I play old-timers and our back swing has to be below the hip so slappers aren't in my arsenal (actually, never has been).

Interesting! Did you ever use a DT1LT? I'm curious to see if the QR1 feels whippier than the Coverts.

Not exactly what this topic is about but I'm looking into getting the hd1 and was wondering if the warrior w88 is an exact clone of the p88 because if so I'll have to find a different blade. Is it actually a lie 4 like listed (Bauer lie 5) and is it as rockered as the p88 because that thing is ridiculous...