Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

Timekeeper blowing a play dead

Have any of you seen this before? Last night Winnik scored but the ref waved it off. The timekeepers bench eventually blew the horn to kill the play. I have never ever seen this happen before.

Look at about 45 seconds in:

Usually they wait for a stoppage to have a look and just roll the clock back when necessary.

Toronto reviews every game I believe. They probably called ( or sent a messenger on horseback ) for play to be halted because it was an obvious goal.

Toronto reviews every game I believe. They probably called ( or sent a messenger on horseback ) for play to be halted because it was an obvious goal.

Even on obvious goals I've still never seen the play blown dead like that.

Even on obvious goals I've still never seen the play blown dead like that.

Either have I; must be new for this season. Why continue play when the goal is obvious.

From what the TV guys said, if a missed goal was caught by Toronto before the refs have a chance to review it on ice and play is still going on they will stop the game to make the call. This way play wont resume when they know it will instantly be called back and time added back on. This is to try and combat injures and extra play time when a goal should have happened.