Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flaming_june

Changing the Color of My Gloves

Hi!

In you guys' opinion, how should I paint these gloves to match OTT Sen or NJD Black/Red scheme? I've got some Indian ink coming. Which parts of the gloves other than the fingers should I dye black?

NsO3VGm.jpg?1

Thanks guys.

I wouldn't do any of the above because Graf gloves are affordable enough that you could purchase a pair in the Ottawa/Jersey colorway, at the price you'd be spending on a mod.

I think if you had your heart set on doing the mod yourself you'd be hassled by the cuff lettering because it is navy, or so it seems. Save yourself the trouble and just get another pair for 50 dollars at hockeymonkey.

I'm going to be painting it with indian ink. I'm just wondering how much I should cover to make it look more like Ott or NJD colours. Those gloves look sweet. But looks don't matter that much for me since I'm not skilled enough for it to matter.

But looks don't matter that much for me since I'm not skilled enough for it to matter.

Then why not just leave them the way they are? It seems like there's a good chance of making a mistake and it ending up looking like a little kid went at it. Maybe you're great at dying and coloring, there just seems like SO MUCH room for error, for such an unneeded change.

I think youve misunderstood. It matters to me that it matches my team colour, but it doesn't matter that much to me as to send it in to get it professionally done. I am simply asking other than the fingers and top cuff, which parts of the glove, including the red portion, should I look to dye black with indian ink to match ott sen or NJD colours.
Thanks.

Along the same lines, I have a pair of gloves that are all black with orange lettering. Is there any way to make the lettering white, or is the only option to black it out?

Go for something a bit more Devils looking:

Black fingers, black cuffs, black letters, add a vertical black stripe next to the white.

Untitled-1_zpskdqlsdpi.jpg

I'd use a paint marking pen instead of the India ink

ZB03123-BK-ZZZ~Zebra-Paint-Marker-Pen-Bl

Go for something a bit more Devils looking:

Black fingers, black cuffs, black letters, add a vertical black stripe next to the white.

I'd use a paint marking pen instead of the India ink

Have you used the paint pen? Does it work well?

I used a paint pen to change purple to black. It took a few coats and the parts I covered were slightly shinier than the stock black parts of the glove, but not significantly so. I was happy with the results. YMMV.