Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bwhockey17

Broken Bauer TotalOne MX3

Hi all,

Someone offered me a TotalOne MX3 for $15 that is broken right before the "E" in Supreme. Is this salvageable (will I be able to stick a blade into it with relatively little work?

I'm kind of interested in running a two-piece setup though. Got the guy down to $5, and if I can stick a $10 blade in then I'm golden. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience doing such a thing with an MX3, but I guess not?

You may have to cut a bit higher in order to insert a blade. It also depends on how short the stick is in the first place, you may have to add an extension at the top.

Hi all,

Someone offered me a TotalOne MX3 for $15 that is broken right before the "E" in Supreme. Is this salvageable (will I be able to stick a blade into it with relatively little work?

Which "e" might make a difference.

If you're buying a $50 blade, and you're not sure how this is going to perform, you're better off just buying a close-out for $100, and being sure of what you're getting. Plus, it will probably be a better stick, even if it's not a top of the line model. Treat yourself. Sale season is coming up.

I know we all have that dream of putting together the magical stick from something that was being thrown away, but it never works.

I respectfully disagree. If I buy a blade and it doesn't feel right with the shaft, I've still got the blade and can try a different shaft. If I buy a close out stick and don't like it, all I have is a stick I don't like.

One of my top five all time sticks was a broken TPS shaft fitted with a Harrow blade. The balance was perfect.