Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bunnyman666

New catch glove ordered from Factory Mad!

I finally am graduating from the Warrior Messiah that was turned into a serviceable glove to a Factory Mad beauty that is going to be 100% custom. It is going to take a mere 5 weeks, provided that all materials are available.

I am a retro tan freak, and Dennis' version is a very close rendition of what a real, natural-tanned leather looks like. It looks like an aged horse hyde. Dennis does not recommend this material for a sliding surface, but a glove doesn't need to slide.

We have gone with a fake two piece glove (one piece palm/cuff box, stitching to make it look like two pieces), as well as a black catching surface with a tan glove back. The T is going to have an orange piece on the inside of the T, as well as orange skate lace for the floating T pocket.

Dennis asks for a middle finger tip to palm break measurement to figure out how to make the glove fit just right.

If Instagram doesn't kill my new phone's battery, it will be on Instagram. I am too old and un-tech savvy to figure out how to post a pic, so if anyone will volunteer to post it for me, please PM your email address.

Just got it out of the box-

1) Feels nearly broken in.

2) Backhand padding opens up completely!

3) Palm pad is washable and replaceable. One could even spec an extra practise palm.

4) Dennis' camel is unlike ANY camel/retro tan on the market- it looks like horsehide.

5) I got it with ZERO graphics- no silk screened letters to remove, no stripes to seam rip; pure awesomeness abounds.

More to come...

Removed the extra palm padding and it made the glove close even better! Once this thing gets broken in, it is going to be awesome!!!!

Highlights:

1) everything is made for replacement and/or removal for washing/air dry

2) highly user-friendly, no velcro exposed when removing palm pad

3) everything makes sense from a design standpoint

4) the only, and I mean ONLY negative is that it is pricey; but that goes with one-at-a-time, bespoke products. And it is really on-par with the major producers' top-end offerings price-wise; value-wise, it is heads and shoulders BETTER value.

Update-

This glove vaccums pycks like nobody's business. I don't know how Dennis gets these to pass inspection by Kay Whitmore. I have a bit of wear on a corner near a seam, but nothing Earth shattering. I have been wearing the palm pad and it closes like a dream. Overall, it has been a great glove that seems to get better each time I use it.

Coming next: my Wilcox blocker preview and review.