Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreatestAmericanBeardo

Bourbon! and/or whats your poison?

one of the better things to come out of my North American trip was.. that Vancouver Duty free had my favourite whiskey.

Dalmore King Alexander III

On 12/27/2016 at 2:34 PM, Holmes_D_83 said:

Black Bush. Grew up close to the distillery and a few bottles always made their way to our house.

Plus, being Irish, we had a perfectly legal (I assure you Officer) Poteen still. Absolute rocket fuel. 

i had a friend from HS whos parents would bring back Poteen in "hold water" bottles.  dang that stiff was good.   they likes it so much they named their boat after it.  (I believe they are all dead from liver disease now.  huh, go figure)

Given that I live in the greatest state of them all (Texas), I like Tito's (produced in Austin) with lime flavored sparkling water (HEB store brand which happens to be a chain based in San Antonio).  When it comes to beer, it's Shiner Bock (brewed in Shiner, TX).

It's actually a coincidence that these are my favorites and have some connection to Texas... lol ;)

1 hour ago, proth0303 said:

Given that I live in the greatest state of them all (Texas), I like Tito's (produced in Austin) with lime flavored sparkling water (HEB store brand which happens to be a chain based in San Antonio).  When it comes to beer, it's Shiner Bock (brewed in Shiner, TX).

It's actually a coincidence that these are my favorites and have some connection to Texas... lol ;)

HA!  Tito's is the only vodka i drink now.  and the house vodka of Delta/American Airlines so that helps along with the flyer miles :) 
I started drinking Shiner Bock from my ONE visit to TX. drank a few at Kreuz Market over some smoked brisket and thats about all it took to get me drinking it when i find it.  It IS a little too low gravity for me, but a great all day drinker, fo sho

And Blackberry Smoke Sings about it too : 

22 hours ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

HA!  Tito's is the only vodka i drink now.  and the house vodka of Delta/American Airlines so that helps along with the flyer miles :) 
I started drinking Shiner Bock from my ONE visit to TX. drank a few at Kreuz Market over some smoked brisket and thats about all it took to get me drinking it when i find it.  It IS a little too low gravity for me, but a great all day drinker, fo sho

Mmm...  Kreuz Market...  Arguably some of the best BBQ out there!

I agree.  I like stouts and porters better but for an any day drinker, it doesn't get much better than Shiner. :)