Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior QRL glove

Warrior was gracious enough to build these for me for Winterfest. The glove is the new QRL which will come out in the spring. Very cool concept and the AxyFlex cuff is the best iteration of a protective wrist cuff ever made in a glove.

QRLglove.jpg

QRLback.jpg

QRLcuff.jpg

QRLcuff2.jpg

I'm glad to see you posting this - it means we can talk about it :)

Seriously these are the most comfortable gloves I've ever worn. The cuff is just pure genius. The ability to have a somewhat tight cuff without restricting movement at all is awesome.

Looks like I'll be back in warrior gloves this spring :)

Those gloves really are nice looking. I was wondering if there will be an AX1 replacement.

I have never heard of Phantum light protection and I presume it's more protective and lighter?

Phantom has been in their gloves for the past two years; so the AX1 and the Covert already have it.

Oh cool, thanks JR. What is Warlite impact protection then, or is it the same thing but warrior renamed it? I am thinking of getting custom Warrior gloves but in the AX1 but I guess I will have to wait and see if there will be an HD1.

I may have to get a pair of these! wrist protection has been a big concern of mine lately since my current easton mako gloves don't really cover my wrists/arms due to me being pretty lanky.

The QRL glove was super comfortable and the wrist protection is very nice. Personally, I just wish they were a little more form fitting in the back roll and fingers, but that's personal preference. They aren't as loose as 4 roll gloves, but aren't as snug fitting as gloves like the STX Surgeon 500 or even the 2012 Warrior Projekts. In fact, they felt a touch roomier than the current Coverts if memory serves me correctly, however; I've only tried the Coverts on a few times and haven't actually used them (I currently use Projekts as my main gloves and did demo the Surgeon 500 at a previous event and really liked those).

Gloves look fantastic.

I'm glad to see you posting this - it means we can talk about it :)

Seriously these are the most comfortable gloves I've ever worn. The cuff is just pure genius. The ability to have a somewhat tight cuff without restricting movement at all is awesome.

Looks like I'll be back in warrior gloves this spring :)

That cuff style has been around though. Reebok had it in their 9K and 11K gloves.

The cuff has been around but I had 11ks and personally found the cuff to be too resrticting, while the qrl cuff seems to have more room for your arm and a lot more mobility.

The cuff has been around but I had 11ks and personally found the cuff to be too resrticting, while the qrl cuff seems to have more room for your arm and a lot more mobility.

The difference being that the QRL cuff is segmented at the inner wrist with mesh or whatever, whereas the 11K/9K was fully joined if I see this correctly.

Yup, agreed.

And while I definitely prefer a tight glove with a wide cuff (basically the exact opposite of these), they seriously blew my mind how comfortable they were. By far the most comfortable gloves I've ever worn.

This was my best in show. So comfy and while the wrist is similar to reeboks, it's executed much better imo, the cuff is super mobile yet quite protective. Paired with the mesh gussets, these will be my next glove.

Glove looks great! Glad to see a manufacture try to build in better wrist protection. We see pros with "mods" on their cuff, so good that it is coming down to retail for the masses. My son will be happy as he misses his Reebok 9K gloves with flexible cuff, so he immediately loved these when I showed him! Great job Warrior!

JR, in all the excitement on Saturday, I forgot to ask the Warrior Reps when/if these are going to go live on their online customizer... (My apologies for not addressing it Saturday) But, did they give a timeline for that?

I am going to nitpick but its tough to get past that stitched on Warrior on the cuff roll....

The glove looks like a mix of Reebok cuff, Vapor Cuff Roll, and Covert/Totalone/MX3 design.

JR, in all the excitement on Saturday, I forgot to ask the Warrior Reps when/if these are going to go live on their online customizer... (My apologies for not addressing it Saturday) But, did they give a timeline for that?

Joey, the customizer will be updated with the QRL when they hit the market in April of 2016.

I am going to nitpick but its tough to get past that stitched on Warrior on the cuff roll....

The glove looks like a mix of Reebok cuff, Vapor Cuff Roll, and Covert/Totalone/MX3 design.

I don't remember if it happened here but I remember a few years ago people on a forum complaining because Warrior DIDN'T stitch the cuff. folks said the screen printing looked "cheap"

I don't remember if it happened here but I remember a few years ago people on a forum complaining because Warrior DIDN'T stitch the cuff. folks said the screen printing looked "cheap"

I remember this too :rolleyes: Can't please everyone