Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockeylifestyle

Navicular bone is popping out

So as you know by the title. It seems that the navicular bone of my right foot by my arch is starting to pop out. It has happened before and it has healed. Every time I out on my skate it has a pressure point of that bone. Is it possible the skate is too narrow? Had anyone experienced this before? What do I do?

You can have that spot punched out at a shop. I have to have every pair of skates punched there.

I've also found that proper arch support (I use the medium ccm footbeds) helps keep that bone in one place and prevents rubbing inside the punch spot.

You can have that spot punched out at a shop. I have to have every pair of skates punched there.

I've also found that proper arch support (I use the medium ccm footbeds) helps keep that bone in one place and prevents rubbing inside the punch spot.

I'm planning on getting on new skates anyway. Do I need to get wider ones?

If you don't have pain anywhere else in your foot, I'd doubt your skate isn't wide enough. The navicular coming out comes from the arch collapsing, so your skate could be the wrong fit in that it's too sloppy through the midfoot.

Don't get a wider skate if your foot fits ok everywhere else. Get the boot punched to create space for the bone and reduce pressure and a foot support such a yellow superfeet etc is a good idea.