Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nicker87

Is my holder broken?

I have a crease in both rear towers of my Tuuk holders, one is bent and out of shape the other is still fairly straight. Looks like they have collapsed almost, but they are only a couple of months old and have been skated on about once a week ( pics below ).

Has this happen to anyone here? Do you know what would have possibly caused this to happen and are these now garbage?

http://imgur.com/40PgYRd

http://imgur.com/aKeHRIN

We can't say that what thing was caused on your holder, but clearly I will replace such holder if I was you.

The steel runner lean to inside. This is similar condition as a setting for someone who have knock-knees. Probably you can't skate correctly with this skate.

You might want to also contact the shop where you purchased the skates, maybe they offer to do the swap for you.

Materials like that don't just bend. I'd argue the holder either came off the tool like that or it was over heated during baking.

I thought about contacting the VH dealer I went through after I posted that so now going through that channel.

I thought it was very strang to see that as well given holders are made to take a large amount of force and abuse. As for the baking thought, the VH skates dotake a bit of time to bake (12 min I think) but it's at the same temp as other skates, and 12 min does is only a couple min more than most I believe. But I only just noticed this last night and I check my skates over after every skate so I don't think it was the baking and the shop I went to is well qualified in that kinda stuff. I'm beginning to maybe wonder if it has to do with the mounting but it seemed to be a great job. Hopfully it's just a bad pair and is resolved soon as I skate Monday.

Cheers.

Pretty sure Bauer won't warranty because you didn't buy them through an authorized retailer. Your option is going to be VH.

Bauer skates don't go in for that long of a time for baking.

Thanks for all the feed back guys, they being taken care of by the fit centre I went through. But still very curious as to how it happen, one of life's mysteries I guess lol.

Cheers

Did you stand when baked? Could very well have been that. You shouldn't move or walk.

No I didn't stand. I just noticed those creases this weekend which makes me think it's a recent issue, as I check my stuff on the regular. Unless it's from the bake cause they were heated longer than Bauer skates maybe the holder went soft but went unnoticed? But then I would think they would be warped in other places as well. It's strange that it's the exact same spot on both holders- inside top dimple