Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

standupduble

Skates similar to Micron Mega 10-90

Are there skates made today that are similar to Micron Mega 10-90s?

I'm just getting back into the game after being out for awhile. My skates were Micron Mega 10-90s. These skates were amazing. For the past month I have been on an older pair of CCM 1062 Super Tacks. They aren't working for me. I feel like they throw me back on my heels. I'm thinking about getting the steel profiled to counter the neutral boot but was wondering if there are skates available now that are similar to my old Mega's.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Brad

NY

The Bauer Vapor line is probably similar in fit but most any high end modern skate is going to be way stiffer.

Try on the CCM Ribcor line, too. Heck, try them all on. Get what fits your foot the best.

I would say vapor would be the closest. But yeah, try out a variety of skates and see what you like. Skates have evolved quite a bit since the microns.

I was in 10-90's for 15 years before switching to Vapors for the last 7. In my opinion they're really not very similar in fit at all, (nothing I've found fits like the Microns). The closest thing I've had on my feet was one of the Graf 7xx models, (I think it was the 735). In addition to being a leather boot, the 10-90s were notched between the 3rd & 4th eyelets, so the ankle was extremely mobile. I've spent the last 7 years trying to find a skate that fits me properly.

i still have my 10-90s and the switch to Supreme One.9 was easy, hardly any difference.

Vapors I tried on were MUCH tighter on my heel than my 10-90s and my one.9s.