Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
A2rhino

Shotblocker XT

Shotblocker

This company does a lot of the Pro’s custom stuff that you see out there.

Shotblocker XT is one of the many models they have available. This particular model is designed to protect the entire top/front of your foot where your tongue and laces are. They have now made this model available to be sold to the mass market for $70.00 U.S. a pair.

Fit: The XT comes in one size. I wear a 9D skate and it fits as if it was made perfectly for my skate. It measures 6.75” top to bottom and 4.5” left to right at the widest point at the top of the tongue. The XT has a great (hinge) flex point preventing any sort of limitation in your range of motion. I should add that even this hing/flex point is protective as well. They also have some sort of grip finish on the back to prevent the blockers from moving around during play. They have two places in your skates where you are to put your laces through to keep them snug to your boot. One at the bottom eyelets and again at the 3rd or 4th depending on your skate and where your flex point is in the tongue. You will not need longer laces for these.

10 out of 10

Weight: They are extremely light coming in at 70 grams each. You will forget they are on.

10 out of 10

Durability: This is where they excel and you get your money’s worth. These things are tanks. I have taken well over 100 sticks and nearly the same in blocked shots, without even a slight sting. Even after all that they still look as though they are basically new. They are constructed of a high-impact, engineered resin which has been over-molded with an energy-absorbing thermal polymer. 10 out of 10

Intangibles: The only con I have about these is not the instillation, however they are bit of a pain when lacing your top eyelets. They have engineered them to have a hinge and snap system that you can push the top part down to the snap into the very bottom of the protector exposing the top eyelets so you can easily lace up your skates. I personally have found this not to work successfully on my skates and have had to improvise by using a rubber band to hold them down when lacing my top 5 eyelets.

For that I gave them an 8 out of 10 in the Fit.

Conclusion: I’ve been wearing these now for nearly a year and would highly recommend them to anyone playing D or that stands in front of the net. I never thought that something so protective could be so flexible at the same time. Like I said; They are worth far more than the sale price of $70.00 a pair.

My overall rating is a 9.5. This is only due to needing a rubber band every time I lace up my top 5 eyelets.

I hope you have found this review to be helpful.

Edited by A2rhino