Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

MotorCycle/ Scooter Gear Superstore near Los Angeles/ Orange County?

I imagine that there are some 2 wheel riders in here. I need to find a gear superstore near Los Angeles/ Orange County, so that I can see and try everything on. I ride in an incredibly hot, humid, rainy place (with many obstacles inherent in unkempt roads, fun huh?).

I need a mesh jacket and mesh pants especially, and figuring out size and fit online is near impossible. So, I figure in summer, I will hit the gear superstore, try everything on, and then figure what I want. Think HockeyMonkey, TotalHockey, etc., but for motorcycle riding, stocking especially:

AlpineSports

Dainese

Icon

Rukka

TourMaster

Scorpion

Pretty much, as much inventory as RevZilla is holding in their online store, as can be placed in one superstore, is what I am looking for.

I figure that such a place will NOT be in Downtown Los Angeles, and will more likely be in the suburbs somewhere, or beyond (which is fine, I am willing to take a drive and make a day of trying on everything).

Dont know if sportbiketrackgear.com have any stores but iv'e ordered some stuff from them and have allways been satisfied..  

BUT, man.... should you really be buying mesh gear? From a safety aspect, they suck! They might be well ventilated, but there is no abrasion resistance at all..

Trust me i know, cause iv'e made that mistake myself a few years ago.. Had a low speed crash in 2013 when i blew the RH fork seal, and got fork oil on the front tire.. My ICON mesh jacket was all shredded, because the mesh sticks to the road surface instead of sliding on it like race leathers.

Result?, some road rash and 2 teared muscles in my right shoulder i still do rehab for.. Legs/lower body was fine since i had my pants from my 2-piece arlen ness leathers.. 

So, buy some well ventilated 2-piece leathers instead.

Cause when riding, it's not a question if your gonna crash, it's when you gonna crash.. 

On 11/24/2016 at 3:31 PM, swede said:

Dont know if sportbiketrackgear.com have any stores but iv'e ordered some stuff from them and have allways been satisfied..  

BUT, man.... should you really be buying mesh gear? From a safety aspect, they suck! They might be well ventilated, but there is no abrasion resistance at all..

Trust me i know, cause iv'e made that mistake myself a few years ago.. Had a low speed crash in 2013 when i blew the RH fork seal, and got fork oil on the front tire.. My ICON mesh jacket was all shredded, because the mesh sticks to the road surface instead of sliding on it like race leathers.

Result?, some road rash and 2 teared muscles in my right shoulder i still do rehab for.. Legs/lower body was fine since i had my pants from my 2-piece arlen ness leathers.. 

So, buy some well ventilated 2-piece leathers instead.

Cause when riding, it's not a question if your gonna crash, it's when you gonna crash.. 

I ride 30km/hour or less mostly, in 100% humidity/ 100 degree weather. So, if no mesh, then I am gonna pass out. If the weather was cooler, and I was going fast, then perf leather for sure.