Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyBoxersSayJoe

Ice House in Hackensack, NJ MSQ Members

In the jersey thread, a number of us all mentioned playing at Ice House and expressed interest in hitting some open hockey together.

If anyone has suggestions for slots or locations, feel free to throw them out there.

Members I know of:

MyBoxersSayJoe

DarkStar50

NJPhil

GreatestAmericanBeardo

BendersHockey

McDougalfaschnitzer

DRR

Twister18

Sputnik20

michaelrich

Mackay has open on Monday nights from 9:45 to 11:15. i've been reluctant to talk about it before bc i like the ice time, but player count has dropped of considerably since the New Year kicked off. last week it was 7 and 7 with two goalies, playing 5 on 5 (but two tendies is becoming more rare) its been more like 4 on 4 with ONE sub for each side, playing half ice and one goalie.

I'm very interested. Also: looking to find a D6 team at Ice House. If anyone of you have a spot or know someone who does, reach out. Being stuck in D8 is KILLING ME!! I'd love to be able to play hockey again with actual hockey players. Would also play in other nearby rinks as well (Floyd Hall, South Mountain, etc...)

Sounds good! My friends go to MacKay on Monday nights from time-to-time. I have only been there for a stick and puck recently.

your friends are probably beating my a$$ every week. i'll bet they only play White Jerseys. (i refuse to play on the light side.) with the mild winter we've been having it seams the temps DROP every Mondays, so the ice has been really good. i'm sure by the end on March i'll be swimming. There's not a WHOLE lot of figure skating going on there, so the ice is really clean, for a public rink. there's one valley near one of the benches, but that is filling in, the boards are fairly lively with only a few dead spots.

Floyd has Fridays at 11pm and 11:10AM on saturdays. i like bring the lil beardos here for open Family hockey when they have it. usually turns into dads vs lads, with ONE grown up playing for the kids side, to do some teaching and calling out for the 3 pass so everyone gets to play. (which i am always a proponent of)

Union has a LATE night skate on Thursdays, but that could kill me, and/or ruin my marriage. clary anderson in Montclair also does a LATE night open... but its WAY too late for me.

If I'm at open, I'm usually in one of my Geeky Jerseys. And I'm not sure of a D6 team looking at the moment, but if I hear anything, I'll let you know. The most frustrating thing for me when playing in lower levels is just the lack of structure.

Sounds good! My friends go to MacKay on Monday nights from time-to-time. I have only been there for a stick and puck recently.

How is the stick and puck at Mackay? There's not a lot of stick and puck in northern NJ, Ice Vault is the only other place I know that does it.

How is the stick and puck at Mackay? There's not a lot of stick and puck in northern NJ, Ice Vault is the only other place I know that does it.

i can't comment of the Mackay Stick and puck, but I know, in NO way are you supposed to try and play any sort of a game during stick time.

***Stick time is for skills practice. It is NOT a pickup game. Unsafe behavior will not be tolerated.***

Fritz Dietli "says" they have stick time, but you'd have to call for time slots. AND you'd probably have to talk to Ernie about times, that could be the worst part.

Don't know it you know FD, but its kind of small, and its really just a room with a frozen floor... that said, its definitely a place you want to skate at at least once if you're close. its in Westwood http://www.fritzdietlicerink.com/

I believe Skylands also has stick and puck. But yeah, it's not so much for pickup games, more for just screwing around and working on skills. MacKay was good, had us older guys on the one side and kids on the other. Wasn't very crowded. I'm too busy with work tonight and I've got games on Tuesday and Wednesday night at Ice House this week.

Is anyone going to MacKay tonight?

as long as it doesn't snow too bad, i will be there. (in a dark sweater)

...and from DRR's post on "Team Jerseys" theres another member to add to the MSHNJ chapter

Might be interested in hitting up an open with the MSH gang...Live right down the street from sputnik in Edison, and have been looking for some consistent ice...that being said, I'm really not very good, so its tough finding a crew that fits

Carpool!!! Honestly Russ, I would love to get a more consistent group for a rental. And I'd love to do it at ProTech, just a much nicer rink, but I doubt I could get as good a deal on 1.5 hours of ice.

Carpool!!! Honestly Russ, I would love to get a more consistent group for a rental. And I'd love to do it at ProTech, just a much nicer rink, but I doubt I could get as good a deal on 1.5 hours of ice.

Somerset may be a little too far for some of us Bergen guys. maybe meeting in the "middle"? isnt there a rink in Union? or does anyone have an in with the fancy Beacon Hill Club in Summit?

OOooh, dats FANCY!

yeah Floyd is real easy to get to, and right next to my Alma Mater. :wink: looks like the only times in Feb for open are LATE night on weekends ( i include Friday in that) all early morning skates are during the work week. WHO does that?!?!?! Aren't adults supposed to have jobs during the week??

Sun, March 27 is the first and looks like the only weekend open hockey starting at 8:10am

unless you are thinking a straight up rental, from what i can see the calendar looks pretty open for something like that.

my office is closed tomorrow, so i;m going to try and make it to the open Adult at Floyd Hall @ 7:30 to 9:30

reg in advance, online, and its only $11.50. if i don't make call the police! no really, if i don't make it, i'll prob go to Mackay at 9:45pm

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111182618/4837709-0434536028-aoz8k.jpg

Somerset may be a little too far for some of us Bergen guys. maybe meeting in the "middle"? isnt there a rink in Union? or does anyone have an in with the fancy Beacon Hill Club in Summit?

OOooh, dats FANCY!

I coach at Beacon. Pretty sure the ice time is all booked up for the rest of the season. I would be curious if MSH could get a squad together for a game there next season though. There are four different teams to choose from, although, the B team is full of guys who are still in shape...

Anyway, with the small group of Jersey guys we have listed here, it would be a cool idea to get an ice slot or two at ProTech on one of the small sheets to do some 3-v-3. I'm sure it's pretty reasonably priced during the off-season. I'm thinking, a slot before lunch. Lunch and beers as Freddy's down the street. Then another slot after. Make a day of it.

I coach at Beacon. Pretty sure the ice time is all booked up for the rest of the season. I would be curious if MSH could get a squad together for a game there next season though. There are four different teams to choose from, although, the B team is full of guys who are still in shape...

Anyway, with the small group of Jersey guys we have listed here, it would be a cool idea to get an ice slot or two at ProTech on one of the small sheets to do some 3-v-3. I'm sure it's pretty reasonably priced during the off-season. I'm thinking, a slot before lunch. Lunch and beers as Freddy's down the street. Then another slot after. Make a day of it.

Whoa! beers and THEN skate. i can do that... Anybody throws me against the boards, I'm gonna piss all over myself.

seriously tho, i like the idea in concept, and doing it in the off season is the way to go. but the wife and 3 kids take some time to manage. not saying i CANT do it. just don't know i'd be able to make a DAY out of it... maybe a HALF day. :) ... I still need to get time in now and again to curse and swear from the tee box

High school division playoffs are wrapping up this week. States start next week, so ice slots should be more available starting in March. Does Cutting Edge in Elmwood park have a 3/4 rink or something?

High school division playoffs are wrapping up this week. States start next week, so ice slots should be more available starting in March. Does Cutting Edge in Elmwood park have a 3/4 rink or something?

PLEASE tell me you're coaching RDHS

oddly enough i was just on rink time and Cutting Edge does:

120 x 60' Rink – Our two-thirds scale ice rink is ideally sized for 3-on-3 game play, and is fully equipped with professional dasher boards, player benches, penalty boxes, and scoreboard.

http://edgeiceacademy.pointstreaksites.com/view/edgeiceacademy/facilities-15