Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyBoxersSayJoe

Ice House in Hackensack, NJ MSQ Members

Whoa! beers and THEN skate. i can do that... Anybody throws me against the boards, I'm gonna piss all over myself.

seriously tho, i like the idea in concept, and doing it in the off season is the way to go. but the wife and 3 kids take some time to manage. not saying i CANT do it. just don't know i'd be able to make a DAY out of it... maybe a HALF day. :) ... I still need to get time in now and again to curse and swear from the tee box

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm sure I'd have to do some sucking up before making a day of it. Half day would probably work better, or at night.

ProTech is $250/hr for the little rinks. I was just there discussing a rental in April. I feel they are just a tad too small for 3-on-3, two strides and you are out of the zam door...

I am down in Freehold and I play in Tom's River and in Woodbridge.  I play open once in a while at Jersey Shore Arena.  I would definitely be interested in a MSH pick up game, but Ice Vault is an hour and half from me.  I saw Sputnik and someone else are in Edison, so Woodbridge isn't far.  I am not sure how that fares for others that said they are up in Bergen.  

I've played in a 3 on 3 Thanksgiving Day tournament at Pro-Tek years back and it's tiny, not really a good idea for a get together skate, plus you can only have 6 guys on at a time, rather than 10 on a full sheet.

If we can get something together in Woodbridge or Pro-Tek or something under an hour to get to, count me in.

11 hours ago, McDougalfaschnitzer said:I do play here from time to time but will be out of commission for the next few months with a broken collarbone. UGH! that sucks.  good luck.  we'll hit you up for the late summer / fall when you're back on your feet (well skates)  

i've been playing thursday pickup (invite only) and if they are short players they'll do a "bring a friend" on the email invite.   With the 10 of so guys we have here, if we all did a "bring a friend" we could easily get a game together. maybe ModSquaders vs "the other guys"  nothing better then beating a guy you see all the time and remind them of it... 

21 hours ago, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

Where's the game and what time?

i'll start calling rinks to check times and availability for the upcoming weeks.

try coming out to Mackay monday night  9:45 - 11:15.  we've had 2 goalies the last few weeks, lets hope that holds up   

6 hours ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

i'll start calling rinks to check times and availability for the upcoming weeks.

try coming out to Mackay monday night  9:45 - 11:15.  we've had 2 goalies the last few weeks, lets hope that holds up   

I think Joe was referring to the Thursday invite skate you mentioned. 

15 hours ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

Playing at Mackay tonight 9:45.  Just sayin' 

I was trying to motivate to go last night, but I was tired and it is probably a 40 minute trip from my house.  Maybe another time.

23 minutes ago, NJPhil said:

I was trying to motivate to go last night, but I was tired and it is probably a 40 minute trip from my house.  Maybe another time.

That ok.  Benches were actually pretty full.   But only had one goalie. Still, game had a good pace     Mackey runs AOH until March 29th.   I'm sure the fog will set in by then :D

5 hours ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

That ok.  Benches were actually pretty full.   But only had one goalie. Still, game had a good pace     Mackey runs AOH until March 29th.   I'm sure the fog will set in by then :D

Oh man, I used to play at Mackay in high school. Fog got so bad, you could be at the goal line and not be able to see center ice.

ok, i don't know is this is the right or wrong thing to do, but i'm (begrudgingly) setting up a closed group on the facespace.  its a closed group, and i'm hoping to get it a little more sectioned off for Northern, Central and south NJ, maybe in time getting games against other sections on NJ set up.  one step at a time though.  invite your facespace friends even if (for some dumb reason) they're not on MSH

https://www.facebook.com/groups/929301830502255/

So Union has AOH on Tuesday, Turdsday, and Saturday nights...

http://www.unionsportsarena.com/AdultHockey.htm

As far as location, I think this might be the best choice for just aboot everybody. If you are in Freehold, that's roughly 45 - 60 minutes up the Parkway, if you are in Wayne even, that's 30 - 45 minutes down same road. Even those of you in the West, or SI/BK that's not toooooo terrible a drive.

In other New Jersey hockey news (if you haven't heard): The Rockets Sports Group (BSA) bought Rock Ice in Dunellen on Monday. They will be moving their adult leagues there for the Spring/Summer with 9:00 PM start times, a lounge with TV's and a BYOB policy. The Bridgewater Bears have officially left BSA, and have renamed themselves to Hunterdon Bears, to call Flemington Ice Arena their new home.

On 3/5/2016 at 7:26 PM, Sputnik20 said:

In other New Jersey hockey news (if you haven't heard): The Rockets Sports Group (BSA) bought Rock Ice in Dunellen on Monday. They will be moving their adult leagues there for the Spring/Summer with 9:00 PM start times, a lounge with TV's and a BYOB policy. The Bridgewater Bears have officially left BSA, and have renamed themselves to Hunterdon Bears, to call Flemington Ice Arena their new home.

Wonder how those two additional sheets at BSA are coming along... :rolleyes: