Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bwhockey17

How to take out a forced in extension?

Hey guys, does anyone have any tips for removing an extension that was forced in the wrong way? Left a shaft I salvaged at the LHS and asked them to put an extension and blade in, turns out they forced the extension in the taper side and just stuck the blade in the top part. I tried heating it up and it's not coming out, I think they likely forced it in by smacking it on the ground. Any help would be appreciated!

Drill a pilot hole in the extension, then put a wood screw in there. That, and a good pair of locking pliers should give you enough grab on the extension to be able to pull it out. A bench vise might come in handy also.

At worst - drill it out.

Thanks for the advice boys - took it back to the LHS and they used a clamp to yank it out. Now I just need to figure out how to fit this blade in here, as it's giving me a tough go at getting in!