Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreatestAmericanBeardo

sports team scheduling app

Hey All,

if we can ever get THIS off the ground and running i'd like to use some type of group notification site or app to get the whole thing organized. i've see guys using MyTeamCaptian and just looked up Teamer (which MAY bet the way to go) but i wanted to get some feedback from the MHS'ers. i'm looking for something free, or low cost, that the "dues" could cover on a monthly basis.

...now back to drumming up more victims, err... i mean members to play open hockey in NJ.

One of my teams uses the teamsnap app. Captain uploads schedule, everyone replies yes/no/maybe. Subs are called when the yes count is too low. Free and simple.

One of my teams uses the teamsnap app. Captain uploads schedule, everyone replies yes/no/maybe. Subs are called when the yes count is too low. Free and simple.

I use teamsnap for my team, but the availability feature on it is definitely not free. Its $60 US a year to allow players to check if they are in or out

https://www.teamsnap.com/teams/plans-and-pricing

Our rink uses pointstreak and the new teamlockerroom.com site is better looking than the old version but less powerful for administrators. You can automate the reminders and it's incredibly easy for players to use. Not sure if you can sign up as a single team, but it's worth checking out.

My last team used something called Team Cowboy...it does everything: scheduling, email reminder messages, record keeping, message board, etc. I believe it's free. When the current season started, I just went to the old main page for the last team, clicked the tab that says "create new team" and just added everybody's email info and it does everything else.

My bad. The Captain must've paid for it. He didn't ask us to pitch in.

It's all good! Just remember to thank your captains and GM's once in a while for their extra organizational work ;)

Easy and free: Make a closed Facebook group. Haha.

ugh, i would, but i really hate FB. i'm slowly deleting all my pics, and slowly dissolving my profile. you know what WOULD be great... having something HERE on MSH :D (hint hint)

edit: and theres NOTHING free when it comes to Facebook.

What do you mean? Facebook has always been free.

I think he's talking about if you make a page for a band, company, or organization you have to pay a fee. That's not what I'm talking about though. The groups are like making a permanent private chat/forum for people you invite. It's what we've been doing for our inline team and it's been working well so far.

I think he's talking about if you make a page for a band, company, or organization you have to pay a fee. That's not what I'm talking about though. The groups are like making a permanent private chat/forum for people you invite. It's what we've been doing for our inline team and it's been working well so far.

What do you mean? Facebook has always been free.

sorry, i'm sure i'll sound like a conspiracy theorist (oh which i am not) after saying this. what i mean is the ever changing privacy policies, and the rando emails you get from FB when you haven't been "contributing" to your feed, and the BS notifications you have friend request just to get you to login. along with the insecurities within messenger... and the fact that FB is always in Beta.

ok, rant over. now, back to my Instagram account :laugh::facepalm:

sorry, i'm sure i'll sound like a conspiracy theorist (oh which i am not) after saying this. what i mean is the ever changing privacy policies, and the rando emails you get from FB when you haven't been "contributing" to your feed, and the BS notifications you have friend request just to get you to login. along with the insecurities within messenger... and the fact that FB is always in Beta.

ok, rant over. now, back to my Instagram account [emoji23] :facepalm:

Haha. Ok, gotcha. I must have different e-mail settings or just don't check that email enough.