Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kmfdm86

Indoor wheels outdoors

So I recently got back into playing after a 15 year hiatus from league play. Wound up having to buy all new gear. Our team is trying to get some practice time in and the only real option are the outdoor inline rinks with a sealed concrete surface.

The skates I bought (CCM Jetspeed 280R) came with Labeda RPG 74A Indoor wheels. Am I likely to damage them playing outdoors on a concrete surface designed for playing hockey? I have an older beat up pair of CCM Vectors that I could use as well, but they've got a Hi-Lo setup instead of the all 80mm on the jetspeeds, so I'm concerned about practicing with a setup I won't be playing with in games.

Thanks for the input!

Thanks guys. Probably can't get wheels tomorrow so looks like I'll be rocking the Vectors. Haha. Thanks for saving me from a costly mistake.

On 2/21/2016 at 2:16 AM, mickz said:

How much do you weigh?  How smooth is the sealed concrete surface? 

About 170lbs. It's pretty smooth. Some imperfections but no really rough spots.

On 2016-02-22 at 11:26 AM, kmfdm86 said:

About 170lbs. It's pretty smooth. Some imperfections but no really rough spots.

If it's smooth concrete I don't think you'll have an issue using an indoor wheel.  The 74A wheels might be a bit soft for your weight class so you might want to reserve that for sport court.  The hard outdoor wheels with 82A/84A durometer might slip too much on this surface.