Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

starrzkyy

Bauer supreme t1 or t1 nxg?

Hey MSH!

I have recently gotten the opportunity to get an original Bauer TotalOne or Bauer TotalOne NXG. I can not decide on which stick though. I like both mid and low kicks. I am currently using a Bauer 1X that cracked in the blade, so I want to change things up. I've shot around with an NXG and loved it. I also loved the MX3, but the blade was horrible. The blade was terrible in both feel and durability. I broke it within two months.  One thing to add in is that the T1 has a P88 curve and the T1 NXG has a P92 curve.  I had a Nexus 8000 which was 7 flex down from what I normally use and was a P14 Toews curve. I shot knuckle pucks a little too much with it. I'm not sure if it was the flex or curve causing that. I'm assuming both but mainly the curve. The P14 has quite an aggressive toe. I was just wondering if P92 is too big for me, I normally use a P88 or other brand equivalent. So based on your thoughts, which twig is better? Puck feel, release, etc. Also keep in mind the T1 is $100 and the T1 NXG is $150. Thanks.

-Jack

definitely go with the TotalOne. I always look at curve first when getting a stick and I think you'd find the P92 too big if you're used to the P88.

I'm with Zzapdog. Go with the curve that you're most comfortable with. If you had shot issues with a P14, a P92 is going to be worse. The 92 is more open with a larger toe.

Besides sticking with the curve, I found the T1 to be much more durable than the NXG range and this was supported by team mates and other players I know who had their T1's for ages yet found they were turning NXG's into 2 pieces at a rapid pace (60 NXG's handed out to the team at a IIHF tournament and all of them broken within 3 weeks).

I would worry about proper specs first then worry about the stick second. That being said the original total one is my favorite stick that i have used, even more so than the nxg which i liked as well. In your situation i would go with the T1