Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2016 Sher-Wood Catalogue

Sticks -

The Rekker line has been updated for 2016, starting with the EK60.  Still advertised as the lightest stick on the market, the addition of Graphene in key areas helps it to be more durable as well as redistributing the weight of the stick, making it better balanced.

The EK60 comes in at $199 USD.  The EK50 comes in at $159, EK40 at $109 and the EK20 at $69.

The T120 line is unchanged from last year.

One thing to note is their new PlayRite stick feature.  In order to match kids to the right length and flex, there are 4 sizes in the PlayRite system (which is offered on EK60, EK50, EK20 and T87.)  The 0 is a 40" 20 flex youth stick.  1 is 44" and 25 flex.  2 is 48" and 35 flex, and 3 is a full 52" 45 flex stick.

On the wood side, the HOF line has a new look (well, old-school look) for the 5030 and the 5030 goal and 9950 goal sticks.  

Gloves -

Brand new line for Sher-Wood; they recently hired Michel Paul (formerly the founder of MIA) so they do have a well-known name in hockey circles behind the product.  The BPM line features a pro look and have a very good feel out of the box.  

The BPM 120 glove is a 4-roll glove (3 of the rolls are split at an angle.)  Knit outer, Clarino palm.  The 120 also comes in an S variant, which has a molded shotblocker that covers the bottom two rolls of the glove.  There are more color ways offered through the booking program, plus, they do custom gloves.  The gloves are $150 retail.

Nice! Those guys at Raven better be sweating with the PlayRite stuff.

65 flex SR EK60 in a PP92? Fantastic! Check out the weights on those pricepoint EK sticks as well!

been eyeballing the catalog for a spell as they post it on their website.  the Rekker line looks interesting.  somewhere one of the families in our association must have gotten a prototype sticjk as they had one back some months ago.  good to see players locally (central IL) with Sherwood Sticks.

they really need to show their curves better as some are really hard to ID what it really looks like.  Bummer is that Total Hockey looks to be limiting their sherwood inventory

The PlayRite system looks like it'll be a hit.  Very smart move.  Seeing the Rekker 60 senior in a 65 flex could be interesting to try when I get through my current sticks.  I'm at that awkward inbetween intermediate and senior size and strength.

The playrite is not gonna be a hit because I cannot find their products anywhere.  I need the ek60 flex 20, but can't find it.  All I see out there is the flex 25.  Very frustrating.

On 7/3/2016 at 11:11 AM, formicburn said:

The playrite is not gonna be a hit because I cannot find their products anywhere.  I need the ek60 flex 20, but can't find it.  All I see out there is the flex 25.  Very frustrating.

Hi Formicburn,

We just starting shipping the Playrite program this past month. However, the majority of retailers are taking their inventory in spring/summer to have stock for back to hockey.  Send me a PM and I'll help you locate a store that would have the 20 flex you're looking for.

Thanks

On 3/9/2016 at 7:50 AM, Michael9 said:

Hi Formicburn,

We just starting shipping the Playrite program this past month. However, the majority of retailers are taking their inventory in spring/summer to have stock for back to hockey.  Send me a PM and I'll help you locate a store that would have the 20 flex you're looking for.

Thanks

I wanna say the guys at Sherwood hooked me up.  I was able to find a store that had what I needed.  Thank you Sherwood.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TML4LIFE said:

It's been 10+ years since I worked in the hockey retail business, 5030 Coffey still a big seller?  

Really depends on the segment and price point. In wood it's #1, entry level and mid range product it still does quite well. In high end it's kind of fading away. 

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 2:01 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

Sticks -

The Rekker line has been updated for 2016, starting with the EK60.  Still advertised as the lightest stick on the market, the addition of Graphene in key areas helps it to be more durable as well as redistributing the weight of the stick, making it better balanced.

I'm guessing this means the stick has been tweaked slightly for 2016 with more graphene than the 2015 model and are you not just referring to the extra flexes/curves which seem to be listed now in the catalogue.

Either way when are these due to release?

On April 2, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Toby said:

I'm guessing this means the stick has been tweaked slightly for 2016 with more graphene than the 2015 model and are you not just referring to the extra flexes/curves which seem to be listed now in the catalogue.

Either way when are these due to release?

I do not believe the EK60 has changed. The update was the EK60 instead of the EK15, hence his noting of the addition of graphene.  The EK60 was released September 2015 so it was not on the 2015 catalogue. 

I was thinking this was probably the case but i think the use of the word "still" threw me. However I'd still like to know when the new curves will be available.

15 hours ago, Toby said:

I was thinking this was probably the case but i think the use of the word "still" threw me. However I'd still like to know when the new curves will be available.

Hi Toby, Stewie is correct. Nothing has changed about the EK60 since it's original launch in Sept 2015.

For the new additional patterns, we will start shipping them in July.

Can anybody tell me if the PlayRite sticks in the 20 and 25 flex, have the slightly larger shaft and blade dimensions like Raven sticks.  None of my local dealers have these in stock yet and wanted to see if it worth waiting for.  Thank you.

My son got a T85 in the PP26 curve. I don't see where that is in the catalog. Is that part of the playrite system? I ask because he's 10 and loves it. I wanna find if the stick is still a current model or not. And if not, what's changed. I see a T90 in here but not a T85. Thanks

Andy in Peoria