Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2016 CCM QuickLite Protective

We will be posting CCM's catalogue in sections this year to comply with their lockdown dates.  Once complete, we will post the entire catalogue and merge the topics.

First off will be their QuickLite line.

Gloves

CCM has updated their tapered glove option for 2016 with the QuickLite line.  With a open cuff for range of motion, it also has pro level zote foam with PE inserts for protection.  Clarino palm, which is reinforced.  The QL290 glove goes with HD/PE foam for protection, with a nash palm (with reinforcements in high wear areas) and an open flexible cuff.

Pants -

The QuickLite pant is a tapered fit, and features their new Dryfoam technology.  Dryfoam is a closed cell foam that simply absorbs less sweat, resulting in a drier and lighter package.  On the QLT pant, it's a pro nylon however the back is a breathable polyester.  The sides of the pants are reinforced. There is the 1" extension that hides under the pant belt, and a segmented HD spine protector.

Protective -

On the shoulder pads, the construction of the pad is Dryfoam, however the caps are U-Foam.  In the torso, however, Ventshield is new for 2016.  It's a plastic that is extremely vented and also very lightweight.  The sternum package is Zotefoam.  

Shinguards have been completely redesigned with a new shell. The caps are vented, as well as the shin cap, and comes with a Dryfoam liner.  Ventshield and HD foam in the calf for further breathability.

The elbow pad continues with a 3-piece design, and is mainly comprised of Dryfoam.  The elbow cap is actually redesigned.  There is Zotefoam in the bicep and forearm (the bicep has a Ventshield piece) and the forearm has been extended.

Line looks good. Kinda bummed they are going with a different strapping system with the shins, will see if I like them. Pants look to me like the most likely I would buy. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, All Flash said:

Im hoping the shins are akin to the old Vector 10.0 shins.

I'm hoping this as well. My 10.0's are on their last stand but I can't find anything with a similar fit.

So we're going to have the Warrior QRL glove and CCM QLT glove...Are these guys even trying anymore?

Joking aside CCM protective I've seen has been real nice, I'm in line for new elbows and think I see my next pair.

CCM is really working at improving their product recently...But I wonder if part of their problem was that they had given the Reebok side so much of their break through ideas.  I will say that my Son has the Newer Tacks 6052 Gloves AND like the "Fit lights" they add the outside bottom finger padding with indivdual pads (8th pic down).  In the past I've seen where all the pads are stitched together with one main enclosure cover.  If your kid places his hands on the boards while skating and say he is a D and he does this where there are doors...that bottom padding gets destroyed.

Actually I'd say it's the opposite. CCM had all of the breakthrough technologies over the past few years (UFoam/3dO/Resistance Pods/TaylorMade tech)

The Reebok line was still Jofa-inspired on the protective side. 

• Like 1

Can't wait to see the QuickLite shins in person. I've always loved the Jofa fit, but that area below the knee cap was too bulky on all but the 7K / 6070 style. It looks like the QuickLite might be just what I've been hoping for.

Not sure if this the place or time to put this question, but does anyone know if the QL gloves replace the KFS or CL's?  Was assuming the CL considering the tapered fit while the KFS was a contour fit.

On 2/29/2016 at 0:06 AM, Stewie said:

Line looks good. Kinda bummed they are going with a different strapping system with the shins, will see if I like them. Pants look to me like the most likely I would buy. 

My thoughts exactly Stewie. The RBZ's are the only shins I've ever owned that stay in place without tape.

Gloves look nice, wonder if they went with mesh gussets, ventilation was my only beef when I demo'd the Tacks and 4 Rolls.

One of the first things I do once I'm set on keeping a pair of shin is cut off the straps. If you're happy with everything else about the pads then don't let the straps dissuade you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chippa13 said:

One of the first things I do once I'm set on keeping a pair of shin is cut off the straps. If you're happy with everything else about the pads then don't let the straps dissuade you.

Amen to that. I have been using the A & R Shin Sleeves for a couple of years (with straps on my Reebok 20K Pros cut off). They lock the shins in place better than straps, tape and the hockey outer socks possibly can. Hypothetically, they should retain heat, but I do not notice my shins getting hot. 

On 3/28/2016 at 5:46 PM, chippa13 said:

wont work for me, i use my shins for roller as well as ice, so id prefer not to have to put them into a sleeve of sorts. whats the point of vent armor on your pads if your just going to cover it with a sleeve anyways. my disapointment is based on the fact that these shin guards worked so well that it made tape and any sleeve unnecessary. No movement, game long, without the necessity to reverse engineer something as they had worked perfect for me to begin with.

14 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Amen to that. I have been using the A & R Shin Sleeves for a couple of years (with straps on my Reebok 20K Pros cut off). They lock the shins in place better than straps, tape and the hockey outer socks possibly can. Hypothetically, they should retain heat, but I do not notice my shins getting hot. 

Edited by Stewie

How much longer is the forearm pad on the new elbows than the RBZ's? I just got a pair of the RBZ's today and they are pretty short. But the fit is awesome.

On April 5, 2016 at 3:43 PM, A2rhino said:

How much longer is the forearm pad on the new elbows than the RBZ's? I just got a pair of the RBZ's today and they are pretty short. But the fit is awesome.

I've had the RBZs for a couple of seasons now and the length of the forearm guard was my biggest issue with these pads. They run very short. Overall, they're the best elbow pads I've ever used (and I've tried almost everything there is out there). However, I'm tired of taking slashes on the forearm, I've retired the RBZ's and have now gone towards a more protective pad (Easton Pro 10). I also saw the Quicklite's today in the store, they are identical to the RBZ's in terms of the slash guard length. 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2016 at 10:19 PM, th6252 said:

Not sure if this the place or time to put this question, but does anyone know if the QL gloves replace the KFS or CL's?  Was assuming the CL considering the tapered fit while the KFS was a contour fit.

QLT would live in the "tapered" family of gloves, just like the CL's did.

On 3/15/2016 at 10:19 PM, th6252 said:

QLT would live in the "tapered" family of gloves, just like the CL's did.