Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rogurt

Preferred Gloves for junior

Hi all

I want to get my son a new set of Gloves (Catcher/Blocker). He is 10 years of age and not a very tall one. I wonder what brand/model I should go for. I think the most important thing would be weight and softness. He cannot close a new glove even a tiny bit when trying in the shop. The last glove was bought used so it´s already very smooth (the dealer says "it´s broken"). 

I wanted to hear if there are other goalie fathers out there who might share their experience with me. Momentarily I tend to go for the bauer one7 set. What do you think?

Cheers

Roger

I started my son at age 7 in Vaughn Ventus youth sized glove and blocker. He's about to turn 10 and he has outgrown that set. I just ordered junior Brian's G-netik 5.0 glove and blocker. They should arrive on Friday. I chose these because the blocker is supposed to be easier to break in, which I could never properly achieve with the Vaughn. I'll see how it is and do the "Keeps33" method if need be,

I may be out of my realm here as I don't play goal. But can't you artificially break in the catcher glove like you would a baseball glove?

The Keeps33 method mentioned IS an artificial method of breaking it in. It is just a lot of hot water. Some gloves respond well. 

Some gloves need more than hot water, that's where sending it to Factory Mad for a glove rework is suggested.

On 3/26/2016 at 4:49 AM, bunnyman666 said:

The Keeps33 method mentioned IS an artificial method of breaking it in. It is just a lot of hot water. Some gloves respond well. 

Some gloves need more than hot water, that's where sending it to Factory Mad for a glove rework is suggested.

Must have missed that part. Haha. It was a long night, k?! Lol.