Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

3 hours ago, Bartjo06 said:

I overheard a Bauer rep say June 10th today while I was getting my Supremes.

I thought it was coming out in June but I have not heard anything about a release or a pre-sale or just about any news about them 

I just happened to hear a Bauer skate fitter/salesman say it at the Own The Moment store yesterday in Burlington, MA. Not sure how true it is, I'd like to think it holds some merit since he works for Bauer.

I am by no means doubting you. I thought I heard a June release before. I am just surprised that I have not heard much about these skates or a review or anything 

• Like 1

I am assuming the Nexus line of skates will use close to the same pricing structure as the new Supremes right?

I for one really hope so, because if the N7000 is around $299 that makes it perfect choice for me and my budget.

Also, does anyone know that the MSRP for the new Nexus pants will be?

I was watching the Nexus N9000 skate review video on youtube by IW.  They mentioned that the nexus line is going to fit different than the previous line.  How much different will it be?

On 3/1/2016 at 9:47 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

Sticks -

Nothing new on sticks from the Fall, however, a new Vapor stick line will be covered in a separate review down the road.

Do we have any more info on the new Vapor stick?  The rep at the Bauer Expo told me it will be out in July, but we haven't even heard a peep about it yet.  

Edited by psulion22

5 hours ago, psulion22 said:

Do we have any more info on the new Vapor stick?  The rep at the Bauer Expo told me it will be out in July, but we haven't even heard a peep about it yet.  

July 15

Has anyone noticed the 1N gloves seem to be slightly different on some sites? I'm talking about the "black" colour way in particular. Half the pics I see for it has black embroidered "Bauer" logo on the cuff with a white outline, others have White letters with Black outline.. Which one is actually being released to the public?? The catalog doesn't show any with full white lettering with the black gloves.

See below;

http://www.thehockeyshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/a/bauer1nglove.jpg

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/hockeymonkey/bauer-nexus-1n-sr-hockey-gloves-1.jpg

Icewarehouse also lists/shows the Black cuff with full white lettering. 

1 hour ago, mojo122 said:

I've only seen black outlined in white on the 1N glove.

It's a bit confusing. Only thing I can think of is they might have different styles released for US, CAN, Europe?

Personally I think the white outline on black lettering on a black glove looks rubbish.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 3:47 PM, AIREAYE said:

So I tried the 1S skates yesterday, but found that I had to move down a half size (normally am 7.5EE Bauer, currently wear 7EE RBZ) to a 7EE. Has anyone else found that they could drop down half a size? Or could be just me.

Would you say that the 1S skate is fitting a bit bigger in terms of skate length compared to the MX3?  

5 hours ago, Zorlac said:

Would you say that the 1S skate is fitting a bit bigger in terms of skate length compared to the MX3?  

Certainly seems that way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AIREAYE said:

Certainly seems that way.

It could be because the stock insole doesn't have wings anymore, which always made it tighter up front. Disregard if you had speedplates or superfeet in.

2 hours ago, Stryker said:

It could be because the stock insole doesn't have wings anymore, which always made it tighter up front. Disregard if you had speedplates or superfeet in.

That's not the case, because I tried the price point skates as well which don't have those insoles.

• Like 1

I was curious because the MX3s for me...in a 6.5 size feel somewhat longer than the 1X does in the same size. I was considering upgrading to the 1S next year, and may try a size 6.  Unfortunately for me, nobody has these sizes available to try on.. 

On 6/16/2016 at 9:40 PM, SCATMAN said:

It's a bit confusing. Only thing I can think of is they might have different styles released for US, CAN, Europe?

Personally I think the white outline on black lettering on a black glove looks rubbish.

Yeah, I'm with you on that one.  The outlines look horrendous.  I also hate the fact that Bauer is switching to worse kinds of nylon exterior material and those awful mesh gussets on all of their gloves.  More of a stretchy gusset kind of guy, like what you'd find on their old TotalOnes and TotalOne NXGs.  Thank hell CCM still uses that material on their superb 4-rolls.  It breaks my heart as something of a Bauer loyalist, but I'm probably going to start introducing more and more CCM equipment into my armory.

One more thing: The new Vapor 1X stick.  $299.99!?  I'm out.  No way will I EVER pay that much for a stick, from them or anyone.

Can anyone tell me if the new Nexus shoulder pads are any lower profile this year? Or about the same as years past. 

Loved how they hugged my torso, but sat too high on my shoulders. 

8/2/16

Got to try all the new gear on yesterday and was really disappointed. Every line's shin guards were fine, but the shoulder pads and elbow pads did not feel great at all.

I loved how the original Nexus elbow pads felt and the N1 just did not feel the same. Maybe I'd feel differently if I were a heavier guy, but yeah, the fit just felt off. Your elbow is anchored, like the Vapor, but everything else is so loose, it doesn't even feel like a "classic" fit. The forearm guard is too hard and not flexible at all.

Vapor just felt off. I guess I'm not used to the taper fit, but I've tried their gear in before and it felt better.

The Supreme MX elbows actually felt great, but there is this plate over your joint instead of a smaller, hard pad. For being the anatomical line, it felt bulky. 

It feels like they're just spitting this stuff out now. 

Edited by brianb

Has anyone had any more experience between the 2014 Supreme skates and the current 2016 models? In particular I'm curious if in fact the 1S and S190 do in fact run larger than the MX3 and the 190. 

• Like 1

I've been looking at replacing my 190's with either the S190 (pretty much the same skate) or the N9000. My current 190's are a EE and with some strategic punching fit glove like. That said, my questions are these:

- How does a EE Supreme compare to a Nexus D? Same fit or is the Nexus slightly wider?

- Comparing the two skates (you can throw the Vapor 900 in this as well) there is about a $130 difference, Anyone have insight as to why the tier 2 Nexus skate was "downgraded" so far from their $950 1N? I really like the comfort edge, carbon out sole, and tongue protection, etc. in the 190 / S190 but I'm not so sure I can spend $730 on new wheels again. Also, none of the shops around me carry  the N9000. 1N or the N8000 are the only option I have in terms of try before you buy.