Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2016 CCM Super Tacks

5 minutes ago, Hotwheels said:

Thanks GQRDY  good to know the stiffness has held up. How's the tongue? The laces always seem to wear through the tongue  around the top eyelet. This has happened on 3 pairs of them although these last pair which are Pro Stock the tongue has held up longer and has just started wearing through the last month or so.

I haven't had any issues with that ( but then never have before) only way I can describe the tongue its a bit worn from use but that's about it no problems there.

• Like 1

I'm considering the the Super Tacks skates. Does anyone know how much wider the toe box is the Mako II and the Nexus 8000? I currently wear the Mako II's and they are tolerable when I play but when I'm consistently on my feet (coaching and officiating) they can be a pain. I had the RBZs and the toe box was too narrow ha. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks. 

I have not baked or used the Super Tacks, but have tried them on and I own Mako II's. I use 8EE Mako II skates and tried on 8EE Super Tacks. I have wide forefeet and the Mako II in EE works well for them, but still locks in my narrow heel very well. The Super Tacks in the same size also locked in my heels very well, but I felt pressure in the toe box area...it was tolerable, but not comfortable. As I said, I did not bake or use the skates; so perhaps they would've been OK after a good bake and breaking them in, but generally a plastic toe cap doesn't change much after baking.

I also briefly owned and baked, but did not use, a pair of Mako M8 in size 8D. Even after baking the Makos in D width were not wide enough for my forefeet. So if you're wearing D Makos and are having some toe box issues then the EE Super Tacks might be OK, but if you have EE Makos and there are toe box issues then I think the EE Super Tacks would be too narrow in the toe box and the only way to get a pair to fit would be to order a custom pair with a bigger toe box.

Edited by althoma1

Thanks for the insight. Yea, currently rock the Mako II's in 9.5D. I didn't have any issues with the original Makos in the same size so I never considered moving to 'EE' when I made the upgrade. I wear the Makos for the same reason you do because of the heel lock. If I could find new Mako IIs in 9.5EE I'd be all over them in a hot second just because I'm a huge fan of the Makos and I'm always on the ice.