Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boo10

Graf Peakspeed 7700 Skates

Anyone know anything about the upcoming Graf Peakspeed skates?  I've seen a couple of pics posted by an authorized retailer, so I assume it's not a "leak".  They look fantastic, very similar to the Jetspeed LE.  I've been on a three year quest for skates that fit, and Graf is my last hope before VH customs.  Was going to try the 9035, but the Peakspeed has caught my interest.

Its like Jetspeed and vapor skate had a baby and got a gray graf logo put on it. I guess if what you have going on isn't working you look at what works and you try to do that. Its an attractive looking skate, just funny how much it looks like they're taking design cues from vapor and jetspeed.

Also, is there no fit information in their catalogue about this new skate? Where does it fit in their entire fit matrix? 

The fit matrix was neat, but it seems like it's dead now that they've almost completely given up on their classic 703+4, 705, 707 and 735 fits. Since the 735 was between the 703 and 705, they have a lower volume skate, but not insanely low. Peakspeed might follow up on the higher end of volume, but that's just a guess.

15 minutes ago, flip12 said:

The fit matrix was neat, but it seems like it's dead now that they've almost completely given up on their classic 703+4, 705, 707 and 735 fits. Since the 735 was between the 703 and 705, they have a lower volume skate, but not insanely low. Peakspeed might follow up on the higher end of volume, but that's just a guess.

i don't going even higher volume than the recent xx95 series(ie 9035, 8035, etc.) would be wise since that series went higher volume than previous 735, g35 and g75 lite skates making them comparable to bauer supreme in volume and alienating the many traditional, loyal 735/g35 users.

I can't imagine Graf would want to make an even more high volume skate than their new G series.. That would basically equal a nexus. I hope this boot fits more like a Vapor (b/c it sure as heck looks like one...).

5 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Any ideas when the PK skates are set to drop?

One of the LHS here are getting demo pairs in April.  I think they said the skates should be available for purchase around June or July.

On twitter they say 'very soon', whatever that means.

They also had a pic on instagramm stating 'spring', but it's gone now.

I'll echo the disappointment on the lack of "fit parameters" for the new skate.  My assumption is it will mirror the GXX35 "wide fit range" series fit.  It is too bad they are scaling back the Classic series offerings towards something more "generic".  I'm a 535 wide user and haven't found any other skate come close to fitting me like that narrow/pronounced heel, wide forefoot last does.  Vapors in a EE come close, but don't have anywhere near the volume overall or width in the forefoot.   

It's a mid volume skate with a narrow heel very similar to the JetSpeeds. I wore a pair of demos and was very happy. Similar fit to the G735 Classic Series skates but with better performance options. Much lighter, improved moisture wicking material and stiffer, more supporting feel than the G735. Pretty much the modern version of their discontinued G75 series. 

6 hours ago, Jones_88 said:

It's a mid volume skate with a narrow heel very similar to the JetSpeeds. I wore a pair of demos and was very happy. Similar fit to the G735 Classic Series skates but with better performance options. Much lighter, improved moisture wicking material and stiffer, more supporting feel than the G735. Pretty much the modern version of their discontinued G75 series. 

G75 or G75 lite?  Vastly different fits...